Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I haven't quite culled it that badly. My highest earner is Benteke on 85k. But him and Gabby are the only 2 above 40k.

My frugality comes from signing good players on frees then selling them on once I get a better replacement (on a free). For example, signed Suljemani on a free in 2013 and he's done ok. Yet now I got Maher on a free who's way better. Gonna sell Sulejmani this summer. Also I need to get rid of Granquist. Bought him to replace Vlaar and he's been complete and utter shit.

Edited by StefanAVFC

In to early Decemeber with Hayes, league record is 7-5-5, couple points off the play offs and just had our best win of the season, 3-0 away, so it's coming together. Go to the second round of the FA Cup too.

For some reason though, the team isn't playing in their stadium, and are due to 'move back' on 01/07/13. As a result my attendances are between 40-90 per game. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. It's a good job I got that prize money from the FA Cup.

Right, so I've agreed to sign two players at 23:00 on transfer deadline day (contracts and fees) so all I need is to wait for confirm to appear but it skips to midnight and cancels the deals. Is there any way around this? Badly need these two in, I cancelled a loan and loaned someone out to make room. 

Since reading some tips on here and other places gone six wins out of seven in the prem with VIlla including beating Chelsea and Man U before I lost to stoke and went out of the Euro League vs wolfsburg in the same week. Now I got an FA Cup qf coming up, and if I beat city in that game, I'll play Blackburn in the semis so a great chance at more European football.

I though that was a bit low too, and first touch 15 if I remember correctly.. I would rather swap those values. Otherwise I thought the changes for the January-update were good. I'm guessing though, with higher finishing his other stats must come down quite a bit (or have his CA boosted).

Edited by tarjei

Remember the first half of the season, when he missed lots of chances? That is why it is 10. You shouldn't look at attributes in isolation, his physical prowess and other attributes will see him get into plenty of goalscoring positions, so his finishing shouldn't necessarily effect his goalscoring ability. People make comparisions to Conference defenders who have 12 for finishing, but they will never be as effective as Benteke because of the other attributes.

He has obviously proved himself more effective since the January update (which was actually done in December).

They way he plays in the game I think you've got him spot on, but looking at his stats however it just crashes slightly with my view of him. I haven't played as Villa since the update, but I signed him for Inter and he consistently got around 20 goals in the league each season.

By the way, now that he is looking likely to leave within the next year or so I'm curios about the 20% sell on clause to Genk. What's the source on that one?

Edited by tarjei

Like I say, his attributes should see him get into plenty of goal scoring positions, so it is unfair to just look at his finishing and compare that with lesser players. It also has to be remembered that those changes were made well before he turned into a goal scoring god around Christmas time and beyond. He will be completely reworked for any future games ;)

The 20% I'm not sure of, a lot of the details of the transfer came from the other end, including his wages and the transfer fee, I'll check it up next time I speak to the Belgian Head Researcher who knows Benteke personally.

• Like 1

im in 2022 as dortmund / belgium

benteke hasnt improved that much, lukaku became the worlds best striker and then suddenly went utter shite, scored 30 goals for bayern 3 years running now cant get a game for them, set the goals record for belgium but now cant get in my team, should be in his prime, vossen has turned out better than both, brilliant in tournaments too

Baker, Vlaar and Clark are all awesome in my save. Just starting season 2 and have offloaded some of the dross and brought in some new faces after plating my first season with our current, real life squad. Beat Swansea 3-1 in PL opening game of 13/14, so an encouraging start. 

I'm going the same route and trying to make Villa profitable. Making around 600k a month so could probably boost the wage budget a fair bit. Over the summer I spent £41m and made £43m and reducing the wage budget by 200k. Challenging for top 4 too, got 31 points after 17 games. Broke my 40k wage barrier but only went up to 50k and that was just for Benteke. 

Edited by Milfner

I'm not making us profitable. Well, I was but I'm trying to really push on now. Just spent 12mil on an 18 year old left back.

Grealish is having one more season on loan then coming in. Problem is I have Merida, Maher and Grealish all as CAM's who are all 4 and a half star potential. Oops.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Andreas Cornelius is class, better than Benteke for me at the moment (mainly due to cup games though). Plus he's on less than 5k a week and only cost around 2.5M

Edited by packoman

And my CB's are looking ridiculous. Baker is my number 1.

j6mzwl.png

Then this guy

2qu4tjl.png

Then this guy

21l4ndl.png

Then this guy (probably my brightest prospect. Cost a million)

5z4n0h.jpg

Total net spend was around 6.5 million for these quality CB's. Young, hungry core :P

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â