Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I didn't insinuate anything. I actually said 'Burnley slumped down the table when he joined'? Is this not fact? Should I say, Burnley done really well in the table when he joined? But they didn't! Shall I lie? The fact is, at the time Burnley were mid table and then at the end of the season Burnley were right near the bottom! I haven't said 'purely, as a result of signing Westwood, Burnley became shit' have I? I'm only stating a fact! It's not scapegoating. It's not scapegoating to say that Burnley earned 3 points in 24 after he joined In the games he was involved in. Because it's fact. Would I think any of the players involved during that period were doing well? Absolutely not!! Are they ALL scapegoats too? 

You haven't even seen him play in a Burnley shirt and yet seem happy to sit here and defend him so much based on Burnley fans opinions. Perhaps, Burnley fans are just more happy to make up the premier league numbers and more happy with their club in general and are more complimentary than some on here? We have every right to have a go at the players involved in our demise as well as the management without them being scapegoats. 1 win in half a season and a bit when Westwood has been playing is about all I need to know because it's those exact kind of stats which put us in this shit tip now. A lot of bad decisions (which you've made a very good post on) were made, but not giving 100% as players on a pitch no matter what the circumstances is **** inexcusable. Westwood, like many other players, is guilty of this.

**** scapegoat, Jesus Christ.

@Mjvilla

You said your stats showed how Burnley "slumped down the table when Westwood joined". If your stats weren't aiming to show that Westwood was responsible for that to a large degree then what were they aiming to show?

You didn't highlight any other player to explain why Burnley 'slumped down the table'. If you did and it was found out later that player didn't feature or barely featured but performed well when they did feature then you can only say that player was being scapegoated as well. Knowing Westwood has a history of it just makes the case for it even stronger.

Westwood alone had nothing to do with us being relegated. At another club, under another manager with the right players around him he would have been an asset. 

He's not Garreth Barry or James Milner. He brings his own set of qualities to the table and if our managers weren't able to recognize those or utilize him properly or get morale up to a point where players could fourish rather than flounder then that is on them. You could have put the majority of the Premier League in our shirts in 2015/16 under Sherwood/Garde/MacDonald/Black and they wouldn't have appeared to give 100% or performed much if any better. Singling out Westwood, Bacuna, Clark, Guzan just isn't right and is barking up the wrong tree.

Looks like a full 90 on the way for SuperWesty tonight.

They haven't scored, and they're losing :crylaugh:

Spoke too soon it's 1-1, must be Westwood's awesomeness.

Edited by rjw63

Burnley fans rating him as one of their better players...

Westwood - 7 Thought he was very good.

Westwood - 7

Westwood - 7

Vokes, Barnes, Long - 5. All other starters - 6

Westwood - 7 (Man of the Match). Played well.

Westwood - 7

Westwood - 8 Thought he was excellent!

Westwood - 7

Westwood - 8 Really good performance.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20848

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Really who cares?

You don't care that most people thought he was poor for us but he's looking more than decent for Burnley less than 1 season after leaving? Ciaran Clark, Leandro Bacuna, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Ryan Bertrand, Scott Sinclair, Adama Traore and others have a similar story. All players with a lot more potential than they were able to realise with us. It's disgusting how much talent we've had and how little we've been able to get out of them. You could add players like Hourihane and Hogan to the list who were dominating the Championship before they joined but have done very little since. Ross McCormack's scoring ratio at Fulham the season before he joined was more than twice what it has been for us. Tommy Elphick was a promotion hero at Bournemouth but can't get a game here. Even Steve Bruce who is an experienced and proven manager at this level is struggling massively to get us above midtable. I called most of this more or less. It points to a problem with the managers we are appointing at the very least and possibly runs deeper whether it's just the result of successive seasons of mediocrity or something else. I can't see how anyone can't think it's important.

24 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

You don't care that most people thought he was poor for us but he's looking more than decent for Burnley less than 1 season after leaving? Ciaran Clark, Leandro Bacuna, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Ryan Bertrand, Scott Sinclair, Adama Traore 

Ones in bold aren't right.

Clark looked good at Champ level> let's see how he does with a season in the Prem, the same level he looked absolute toilet for us.
Bacuna is shit. He's still shit. He'll always be shit.
Bertrand was good here, he's good elsewhere. Nothign to do with us.
Sinclair is still shit. He's playing in a mickey ouse league. You or I could go up there and score 20 goals a season
Traore is as shit as he was here.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

To be honest, this seems to be your main point. 

That and we keep appointing bad managers which I think everyone is fully aware of.

It's a main point because that's how I saw it and it's the way it turned out.

Everyone is aware of it now but I was being shot down for it when I said it originally.

Edited by Michael118

Just now, Michael118 said:

It's a main point because that's how I saw and it's the way it turned out.

Everyone is aware of it now but I was being shot down for it when I said it originally.

Well it's getting a little dull and it's more than a little selective.