Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Westwood joined Burnley on 31st January, at that point Burnley had played 23 games.

So out of the 15 remaining games he averaged 36 minutes of football.
Hardly worth discussing is it?

He's played 75 mins or more 6 times and 4 of those were a full 90 mins.

Even if he's averaging only 36 mins per game it sounds like he's doing more in that time than any of his replacements have been doing in 90.

It's a small sample but I was expecting it to happen and it's become a common theme so I think it is worth discussing.

Edited by Michael118

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He's played 567 mins for them. That's more mins than Bjarnason, Whelan or Elmohamady have played for us. Absolutely enough time for them to make an informed early assessment of him.

Yep and the manager sees him as not good enough to get into the first team, even with Hendrick out injured. He's turd, accept it and move on with your life. 

"Westy has got real good, quick thought on the pitch, quick awareness, he gets it down and plays quickly, finds good passes".

- Sean Dyche

Definitely sounds like a player who he thinks is 'turd'.

He's also been injured.

Ashley Westwood didn't feature on Tuesday but Dyche said the decision to keep him out of the game was precautionary.

"We're just being really careful (with Westwood)," he said. "Longy came off near the end as well, next to nothing, but we do carry a light squad of recognized first team players and we have to make sure they're right.

"Westy was running (on Tueday) but wasn't risked as a precaution, Longy came off as a precaution, Robbie got a little bit of cramp in his calf - is it cramp or a minor pull? So we're ultra careful with players".

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/15448417.Sean_Dyche_happy_with_the_balance_of_his_Burnley_side_as_they_stand_up_to_Celta_Vigo_threat/

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats from a friendly

Yes but it could at least partially explain why he was an unused sub in their first 2 games and a late sub in their last 2.

Dyche also refers to him as a 'recognized first team player' in that article. 

Edited by Michael118

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

What a bizarre bump to a thread.  He hasn't done anything this season at all.  Let it die.

It's not bizarre at all. All those comments were made in the last few weeks. When you compare them to the reviews he was receiving here there's a massive contrast. It's the same story as Ciaran Clark, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Ryan Bertrand, Matt Lowton, Scott Sinclair, Leandro Bacuna and others. If Traore and Guzan went anywhere else besides Middlesbrough under Karanka I'd be including them as well. If you'd rather want until he's played a full season before assessing him then fine but it's not going to change anything.

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

It's not bizarre at all. All those comments were made in the last few weeks. When you compare them to the reviews he was receiving here there's a massive contrast. It's the same story as Ciaran Clark, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Ryan Bertrand, Matt Lowton, Scott Sinclair, Leandro Bacuna and others. If Traore and Guzan went anywhere else besides Middlesbrough under Karanka I'd be including them as well. If you'd rather want until he's played a full season before assessing him then fine but it's not going to change anything.

I asked you recently if you went through a post I made about Westwood in which it showed how they had slumped down the table when he joined and they had picked up something like 4 points from 30 (not exact because I can't remember and I can't find the post). That, coupled with 17 minutes from this season and you can see why people are questioning your decision to come in here and defend him.

On 13/09/2017 at 08:11, Michael118 said:

He's played 567 mins for them. That's more mins than Bjarnason, Whelan or Elmohamady have played for us. Absolutely enough time for them to make an informed early assessment of him.

The same Whelan and Elmohamady that signed for us 6 months after Westwood signed for Burnley and the same Bjarnason that spent most of last season injured? 

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I asked you recently if you went through a post I made about Westwood in which it showed how they had slumped down the table when he joined and they had picked up something like 4 points from 30 (not exact because I can't remember and I can't find the post). That, coupled with 17 minutes from this season and you can see why people are questioning your decision to come in here and defend him.

I never saw the post but if you can find it I wouldn't mind having a look.

In the games he's played a full 90 mins their record is 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss. That seems like an ok record considering the draws came against Chelsea and West Brom.

21 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The same Whelan and Elmohamady that signed for us 6 months after Westwood signed for Burnley and the same Bjarnason that spent most of last season injured? 

The same Whelan and Elmohamady that have played nearly every minute for us this season and the same Bjarnason that everyone has written off already.

Edited by Michael118