Ashley Westwood

Nabby

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

You don't care that most people thought he was poor for us but he's looking more than decent for Burnley less than 1 season after leaving? 

Only in your opinion. In reality he can't get into the first team and would be their 4th choice CM if Hendrick was fit. And that's for a team that will struggle to get 40 points in the premier league this season. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ones in bold aren't right.

Clark looked good at Champ level> let's see how he does with a season in the Prem, the same level he looked absolute toilet for us.

Personally don't think he did - said at the time it was a mistake to let him go.  He was part of the suffering i.e: "has been here a long time and we're shit".  More than capable Premier League defender, though.

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

You don't care that most people thought he was poor for us but he's looking more than decent for Burnley less than 1 season after leaving? Ciaran Clark, Leandro Bacuna, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Ryan Bertrand, Scott Sinclair, Adama Traore and others have a similar story.

Is he really looking "more than decent", though?

He's not playing for Burnley that match and I refuse to believe that you're watching them when he does.

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

It's a main point because that's how I saw it and it's the way it turned out.

Everyone is aware of it now but I was being shot down for it when I said it originally.

The phrase "Throw enough shit..." comes to mind.

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is he really looking "more than decent", though?

He's not playing for Burnley that match and I refuse to believe that you're watching them when he does.

Their fans seem to think so. 

I've only seen him play for them once. I saw him play enough for us though to not be surprised at all by the positive reviews.

28 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Their fans seem to think so. 

Just the few you've managed to dig out that support your (flawed) opinion. More importantly it's not a view shared by the manager who considers him 4th choice for midfield. He wasn't any good at Villa and he's still not any good at Burnley. Q.E.D.

Edited by villa89

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Just the few you've managed to dig out that support your (flawed) opinion. More importantly it's not a view shared by the manager who considers him 4th choice for midfield. He wasn't any good at Villa and he's still not any good at Burnley. Q.E.D.

There has hardly been anything negative written about him. Dyche has had only positive things to say about him and it's not unusual for a new player to be eased into a team especially when they are settled and have been winning. They are 7th in the Premier League.

Edited by Michael118

I think they're managing him perfectly to be honest from what I've been reading. I can see him playing a bigger role as the season progresses and I think it will suit him being gradually introduced like that. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season he's a regular starter for them and considered more widely to be a very good player.

13 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I think they're managing him perfectly to be honest from what I've been reading. I can see him playing a bigger role as the season progresses and I think it will suit him being gradually introduced like that. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season he's a regular starter for them and considered more widely to be a very good player.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

You make him out to be 18 year old wonderkid. He about 10 years older and crap

49 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Please stop. It's embarrassing.

You've admitted that you don't even watch their games, so how on Earth can you know that they're managing him perfectly?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You've admitted that you don't even watch their games, so how on Earth can you know that they're managing him perfectly?

He read it on Burnleytalk ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

By all accounts, Burnley fans seem to rate him and think he should have more playing time - so Michael may well be correct.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

By all accounts, Burnley fans seem to rate him and think he should have more playing time - so Michael may well be correct.

He said they were managing his game time well which is a weird statement about a player in his prime

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

A good manager treats every player carefully and with consideration.

Westwood coming off a horror run here and no doubt lacking confidence will surely benefit from being introduced gradually into a stable and winning team with solid players around him under a manager that's behind him.

On 9/21/2017 at 01:34, Stevo985 said:

"From what I've been reading" and also from how I see him as a player and personality.

I don't know they're managing him perfectly. Maybe it's not by design but I definitely think easing him into it is a wise move and most of the other components are there for him to be successful.