Ashley Westwood

Nabby

We should re-name this the Stefan thread? FFS!

Though I must admit that I never set out thinking that he would join debate. Great if he does come on and provide a reasoned agrument for his POV whatever that might be but unfortunately all you get is posters moaning about negativity. IMO people aren't being negative just realistic but we all have our own opinions which is what makes sites such as VT interesting?

All through this near 200 pages has Westwood elevated his play to the level of a Premier League midfielder? IMO it's still a No and I would love to see him replaced in the January window with a superior midfielder.

Though I must admit that I never set out thinking that he would join debate. Great if he does come on and provide a reasoned agrument for his POV whatever that might be but unfortunately all you get is posters moaning about negativity. IMO people aren't being negative just realistic but we all have our own opinions which is what makes sites such as VT interesting?

All through this near 200 pages has Westwood elevated his play to the level of a Premier League midfielder? IMO it's still a No and I would love to see him replaced in the January window with a superior midfielder.

He plays week in week out in the Premier League and you don't consider him the level of a Premier League midfielder?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Stefan's point was he hasn't defended him recently because he doesn't see the point in doing so with somebody who can see no positives, which you've admitted.

I'm not saying you're wrong to hold that point of view.

But why are you expecting somebody to argue against you when you've freely admitted you can't see one single positive in anything Aston Villa right now.

That's the point. You are completely entitled to hold your opinion. But don't expect somebody to offer a reasoned debate when you fully admit it will fall on deaf ears.

I didn't say I expected him to argue. I purely asked if he'd changed his mind a bit on Westwood. It was a fair question. And like normal, we get the usual drivel criticising other ppls opinion as the reason, rather than offering as you put it 'a reasoned debate'.

He plays week in week out in the Premier League and you don't consider him the level of a Premier League midfielder?

Your assumption is correct!

If Westwood wore a dress and make up every Saturday night in his own home that does not make him a female of the species either?

Just because some idiot who shall not be named decides to put him out there ever week does not mean anything about his quality as a footballer. He is a midfielder but not of adequate quality to be playing in a Premier League side every week. He is mid-table Championship IMO!

Stefan's point was he hasn't defended him recently because he doesn't see the point in doing so with somebody who can see no positives, which you've admitted.

But why are you expecting somebody to argue against you when you've freely admitted you can't see one single positive in anything Aston Villa right now.

That's the point. You are completely entitled to hold your opinion. But don't expect somebody to offer a reasoned debate when you fully admit it will fall on deaf ears.

I didn't say I expected him to argue. I purely asked if he'd changed his mind a bit on Westwood. It was a fair question. And like normal, we get the usual drivel criticising other ppls opinion as the reason, rather than offering as you put it 'a reasoned debate'.

He answered your question. I don't see what the problem is?

he didn't criticise your opinion, he just stated it as a reason why he doesn't defend him.

You didn't simply ask a question.

You asked it in a sneering and condescending way.

And Delboy, poster on poster is banned. Thanks.

Edited by StefanAVFC

It's a little bit ironic complaining about people mocking other people's opinions considering some of the things you've said about those who back Lambert.

Oh and

Clicky

;)

It's a little bit ironic complaining about people mocking other people's opinions considering some of the things you've said about those who back Lambert.

Oh and

Clicky

;)

No mocking there Stevo if you read what I said I welcome all opinions. I made a tongue in cheek comment about how the Westwood thread had been turned into a discussion over one poster but hey ho I have my fixation with someone I shall not mention here?

You didn't simply ask a question.

You asked it in a sneering and condescending way.

And Delboy, poster on poster is banned. Thanks.

No I didn't.

You said you'd not been defending him recently.

I said is this because you've realised your opinion over the summer was wide of the mark.

Not condescending at all.

Apologies if you have taken it that way as it was truly not meant.

Can't believe people are hating on Westy. Hes one of our most consistent performers every week. There are a lot of teams in the league that would be in for him if we went down. Keeps the midfield ticking. The reason Delph is so good is because Westwood allows him to be by playing the simple game behind him. 10x the player Cleverley is and he is going to cost about 10x more than Westwood.

• Like 4

Can't believe people are hating on Westy. Hes one of our most consistent performers every week. There are a lot of teams in the league that would be in for him if we went down. Keeps the midfield ticking. The reason Delph is so good is because Westwood allows him to be by playing the simple game behind him. 10x the player Cleverley is and he is going to cost about 10x more than Westwood.

Who? Out of interest.

Not saying you're wrong but was actually thinking earlier about what other teams in the league he'd get into, starting 11 that is, and I was struggling.

• Like 1

Yeah, consistenly average. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

:mellow:

• Like 1