Ashley Westwood

Nabby

.......never in a million years good enough....nonedescript

Right on cue, an overreaction.

I'd say non descript is spot on.

'never in a million years good enough'

Yeah that as well.

He wouldn't get a look in if he was around in the O'Neill era or any other decent Villa team of the last 30 years, yet you seem to be a big fan of his.

Firstly, this is impossible to prove. Secondly, if we are using that argument, Bosnich wouldn't get past Guzan, but that doesn't make Bosnich crap.

Guzan isn't fit to lace Bosnich's size 14 boots. Best keeper I ever saw at the Villa. The only minus to his game was his kicking.

• Like 1

I think Bosnich would have struggled in today's game, especially for a negative Villa. Guzan hardly ever let's us down.

He's not a bad keeper but I'm puzzled why he seems to get so many plaudits from the fans as he isn't that good.

He's made plenty mistakes in a Villa shirt as well. Everton just the other week for a start.

I'm really lost as to what your saying here and how it supports the arguement that either Westwood would play in the oneil era, or that he's better than NRC or sidwell.

You're saying NRC and SIdwell "didn't get a look in" under MON because they made 102 appearances (in NRC's case) over 3/4 years.

Yet I think we'd all agree that Westwood certainly does "get a look in" in this team and he's only made 70 appearances in 3 years.

So how is one "not getting a look in" and one is getting a look in?

FWIW NRC absolutely did get a look in. IIRC apart from one season he was more or less a first choice.

And, fwiw, Westwood is better than him. but that's opinion so a moot point really. Hard to compare.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I think Bosnich would have struggled in today's game, especially for a negative Villa. Guzan hardly ever let's us down.

He's not a bad keeper but I'm puzzled why he seems to get so many plaudits from the fans as he isn't that good.
He's made plenty mistakes in a Villa shirt as well. Everton just the other week for a start.

That's quite simply not true though is it?

Yes he made one against Everton, no denying that. But in terms of errors that lead to goals I'd say he's comitted very very few.

That being said, he's definitely not better than Bosnich.

Why do we have to compare every current player with a player from the last 20 years?

The real question is Westwood's quality against our current opposition? Is he good enough against the likes of Burnley, Leicester, QPR, Hull, Stoke, Palace, Newcastle, West Ham etc? That's answered by would he be in their first choice starting 11? For me no way for any of our direct rivals and I don't think he would make their benches in some cases!

He is on his best day a solid Championship player and we urgently need a complete new midfield build around Sanchez who is the only one to have shown a glimmer of quality this season!

Why do we have to compare every current player with a player from the last 20 years?

The real question is Westwood's quality against our current opposition? Is he good enough against the likes of Burnley, Leicester, QPR, Hull, Stoke, Palace, Newcastle, West Ham etc? That's answered by would he be in their first choice starting 11? For me no way for any of our direct rivals and I don't think he would make their benches in some cases!

He is on his best day a solid Championship player and we urgently need a complete new midfield build around Sanchez who is the only one to have shown a glimmer of quality this season!

You're completely wrong. Imo obviously.

I'm really lost as to what your saying here and how it supports the arguement that either Westwood would play in the oneil era, or that he's better than NRC or sidwell.

You're saying NRC and SIdwell "didn't get a look in" under MON because they made 102 appearances (in NRC's case) over 3/4 years.

Yet I think we'd all agree that Westwood certainly does "get a look in" in this team and he's only made 70 appearances in 3 years.

So how is one "not getting a look in" and one "not getting a look in"?

FWIW NRC absolutely did get a look in. IIRC apart from one season he was more or less a first choice.

And, fwiw, Westwood is better than him. but that's opinion so a moot point really. Hard to compare.

Right I see, though Westwood is only just over 2 years where as NRC is certainly 4 I believe.

I used the '3/4' as I was unsure about sidwell.

There's also the point that a perhaps a lot of NRC's were subs, tho I'm not certain on that.

There were a lot of cries at the time for NRC to be played more regularly, certainly in a 5 man midfield and not to mention that we were in more competitions back then, with Europe etc.

You are joking? Westwood wouldn't get into Derby's, Forest's, Watford's or Bournemoth midfield never mind another Premier League team.

He could perhaps makes the knuckledraggers side but he is plainly not good enough for us!

You are joking? Westwood wouldn't get into Derby's, Forest's, Watford's or Bournemoth midfield never mind another Premier League team.

He could perhaps makes the knuckledraggers side but he is plainly not good enough for us!

My previous post still applies.

My previous post still applies.

Well at least you don't just type 'Yawn'?

And IMO Westwood has not ever shown any signs of being a Premier League player any more than if you wore a dress Stev you'd be classed as a bird?

Like the manager punching well above his weight!

Is this a question? Are you making a point? I'm confused

And IMO Westwood has not ever shown any signs of being a Premier League player any more than if you wore a dress Stev you'd be classed as a bird?

What?

You can discuss the manager in the Paul Lambert thread.

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

2. Just because Lambert picks Westy every week for the Premier League doesn't make him a Premier League player? There's a reason we are a boring dire turgid side to watch and Westwood is one of them! 

3. When did you elevate to a mod?

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

2. Just because Lambert picks Westy every week for the Premier League doesn't make him a Premier League player? There's a reason we are a boring dire turgid side to watch and Westwood is one of them! 

Sometimes when the same stuff is typed over and over and over again regardless of the thread, people will politely tell you you're in the wrong because they're so fed up with it ruining the forum for everybody else.

You have an opinion. That's fine. Forcing it down everybody's throats in increasingly witless ways in every thread regardless of context is not. 

• Like 1

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

Sometimes when the same stuff is typed over and over and over again regardless of the thread, people will politely tell you you're in the wrong because they're so fed up with it ruining the forum for everybody else.

You have an opinion. That's fine. Forcing it down everybody's throats in increasingly witless ways in every thread regardless of context is not. 

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood.  It works both ways.

• Like 2

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood.  It works both ways.

Thank you! It works both ways and I've seen you and others ganging up on people. Anyway when Westy's contract runs out let's see where he ends up? Though saying that the current regime usually signs up the useless staff for 4 years?