Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Well at least you don't just type 'Yawn'?

Is this a question? Are you making a point? I'm confused

And IMO Westwood has not ever shown any signs of being a Premier League player any more than if you wore a dress Stev you'd be classed as a bird?

What?

Like the manager punching well above his weight!

You can discuss the manager in the Paul Lambert thread.

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

2. Just because Lambert picks Westy every week for the Premier League doesn't make him a Premier League player? There's a reason we are a boring dire turgid side to watch and Westwood is one of them! 

3. When did you elevate to a mod?

Sometimes when the same stuff is typed over and over and over again regardless of the thread, people will politely tell you you're in the wrong because they're so fed up with it ruining the forum for everybody else.

You have an opinion. That's fine. Forcing it down everybody's throats in increasingly witless ways in every thread regardless of context is not. 

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood.  It works both ways.

When was the last time I defended him out of interest?

(And I'd class defending as posting after a match talking about performances)

And I find it hilarious you're 'fed up' of a Villa fan 'defending' a Villa player. Such a heinous crime!

Lastly, if I do 'defend' Westwood, it remains in this thread. The poster in questions takes his anti-Lambert posts to EVERY thread. Not even remotely comparable.

Edited by StefanAVFC

And IMO Westwood has not ever shown any signs of being a Premier League player any more than if you wore a dress Stev you'd be classed as a bird?

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

2. Just because Lambert picks Westy every week for the Premier League doesn't make him a Premier League player? There's a reason we are a boring dire turgid side to watch and Westwood is one of them!

Sometimes when the same stuff is typed over and over and over again regardless of the thread, people will politely tell you you're in the wrong because they're so fed up with it ruining the forum for everybody else.

You have an opinion. That's fine. Forcing it down everybody's throats in increasingly witless ways in every thread regardless of context is not.

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood. It works both ways.

This thread is like a stuck record from both sides. Nearly 200 pages of the same crap from both points of view.

Although It's one of life's constants, if it stopped I'd be worried something is seriously wrong and the end of the world would be close.

• Like 1

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood.  It works both ways.

And I find it hilarious you're 'fed up' of a Villa fan 'defending' a Villa player. Such a heinous crime!

:crylaugh:  :wub:

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

1. Ok. I'm still confused. What's your point? I don't think I've typed "Yawn" before have I?

2. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I disagree, which is mine.

3. I'm not a mod, just don't really see why it's relevant to drag Lambert into this thread (as well as every single other one). Your opinion on Lambert is valid, I was trying to make the point that we're discussing Westwood here.

Lambert brought and plays Westwood every week, how is he not relevant? But I do discuss Lambert in his thread too!

Anyway IMO we are a poor side playing poor football and Westwood is a huge contributory factor to that scenario. To be fair he is not the sole factor but as you say this is where we can discuss his contribution?

Lambert brought and plays Westwood every week, how is he not relevant? But I do discuss Lambert in his thread too!

Anyway IMO we are a poor side playing poor football and Westwood is a huge contributory factor to that scenario. To be fair he is not the sole factor but as you say this is where we can discuss his contribution?

He's relevant depending on the context.

Saying "like the manager punching well above his weight!" is dragging the manager into the conversation just to have a dig at him. IMO obviously. Like you said I'm not a mod so carry on, just my opinion.

• Like 1

What?

Your answers Stevo:

1. Making a point

To be honest, I'm more bored reading your constant defence of Westwood. It works both ways.

Lastly, if I do 'defend' Westwood, it remains in this thread. The poster in questions takes his anti-Lambert posts to EVERY thread. Not even remotely comparable.

Is the fact that you don't defend him as often because you've realised that your opinion of him previously had been a bit wide of the mark?

Nope. There's just not much point getting into internet arguments with people who serve to put everything about the club down at every opportunity.

No one wants to put the club down but there is so much wrong with the club from top to bottom what on earth do you expect? The alternative is to bury your head in the sand and pretend there's nothing wrong, but what's the point of that?

• Like 1

Nope. There's just not much point getting into internet arguments with people who serve to put everything about the club down at every opportunity.

Spot on. The continual negativity is tedious!

.....are you refering to the results?

No one wants to put the club down but there is so much wrong with the club from top to bottom what on earth do you expect? The alternative is to bury your head in the sand and pretend there's nothing wrong, but what's the point of that?

We've barely won a game in 4 years.

If you want to convince yourself there's positives then knock yourself out. But right now it's grim.

Without doubt, were up there with the worst football teams ever to grace the premiership and no one can argue that Ashley Westwood plays a part in that.

After all, he keeps us ticking ;)

• Like 1

Which was Stefan's point.

If you can literally take no positives from anything ever, then what's the point in trying to argue anything positive?

I can take positives.

There is none. Which is my point.

When there is sign of positives il be recognising it.

Stefan's point was he hasn't defended him recently because he doesn't see the point in doing so with somebody who can see no positives, which you've admitted.

I'm not saying you're wrong to hold that point of view.

But why are you expecting somebody to argue against you when you've freely admitted you can't see one single positive in anything Aston Villa right now.

That's the point. You are completely entitled to hold your opinion. But don't expect somebody to offer a reasoned debate when you fully admit it will fall on deaf ears.