Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I think Vlaar and Benteke were much more of a miss today.

You can't stand off Arse, and you need to keep the ball better.Westwood probably wouldn't have improved either.

Sanchez made his debut, and looked off the pace, hes not the first to do that, and won't be the last.You can get away with that against most teams, but not against Arse.

I think Vlaar and Benteke were much more of a miss today.

You can't stand off Arse, and you need to keep the ball better.Westwood probably wouldn't have improved either.

Sanchez made his debut, and looked off the pace, hes not the first to do that, and won't be the last.You can get away with that against most teams, but not against Arse.

Westwood wouldn't have improved keeping the ball ?

It's his greatest asset !

Give your head a wobble.

• Like 3

Westwood is one of those players that struggle to get noticed for what they do and are often lambasted as being shit. I would say now that without him, Vlaar or Benteke in the team we are considerably weaker but without all 3 that is our spine completely gone.

Edited by sexbelowsound

So we lost because Westwood wasn't playing?

We lost because Vlaar and Benteke weren't playing.We lost because Arse have much better players than we have.We lost because we haven't invested in our team enough in the last 3 years.

Westwood, despite the superlatives he constantly receives off a few posters, would have made no difference today.Hes an ok player not a world beater, get over it.

It's shocking how many people put Sanchez in over Westwood in the "Our strongest lineup" thread .

You're telling me you think Westwood can bench more than Sanchez? You must be joking.

(Hope he gets better soon though) (sorry donnie)

So we lost because Westwood wasn't playing?

We lost because Vlaar and Benteke weren't playing.We lost because Arse have much better players than we have.We lost because we haven't invested in our team enough in the last 3 years.

Westwood, despite the superlatives he constantly receives off a few posters, would have made no difference today.Hes an ok player not a world beater, get over it.

So much stubbornness, strawman building and petulance all in one post . I think you need to get over just how flat out wrong you are about Westwood .

• Like 2

'And you have to keep the ball better'

..,which Westwood is outstanding at.

Just admit you're wrong. It would be far easier for all of us.

Serious level of arrogance in your posts today. First claiming anyone who doesn't agree with your view on Westwood doesn't have a clue and now telling people to admit their wrong. Which is strange as no one has come on and criticised him.

• Like 1

Cheers Brumerican....time will tell.I'm not a big fan of Westwood , i agree, but some of the plaudits on here about him are ridiculous.Hes an ok player for me no more no less.I think we  need more strength in the middle of the park, and Sanchez will bring that.Granted he was not very good today, but give him a bit of time.

Delph, Richardson and Cleverley were all poor today.

'And you have to keep the ball better'

..,which Westwood is outstanding at.

Just admit you're wrong. It would be far easier for all of us.

Serious level of arrogance in your posts today. First claiming anyone who doesn't agree with your view on Westwood doesn't have a clue and now telling people to admit their wrong. Which is strange as no one has come on and criticised him.

Not even worth it.