Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I must admit, turning a game that Westwood didn't play in, and you didn't see, into a negative against him is incredible dedication.

This thread is **** stupid.

I didn't turn it into a negative. I merely said that I did not feel that he was missed as much as people have made out. 

You could suggest Westwood had a strand of hair out of place on here and you would be seen to have a vendetta against him.

If we are basing it purely on this season, why isn't the Nathan Baker thread packed with posts saying how much we missed him? He's been pretty crucial in the games he has played.

Because Baker has been crucial in a grand total of one game this season and he certainly isn't a starter with everyone fit.

I must admit, turning a game that Westwood didn't play in, and you didn't see, into a negative against him is incredible dedication.

I didn't turn it into a negative. I merely said that I did not feel that he was missed as much as people have made out. 

You could suggest Westwood had a strand of hair out of place on here and you would be seen to have a vendetta against him.

Strawman+playbackups+com.jpg

If we are basing it purely on this season, why isn't the Nathan Baker thread packed with posts saying how much we missed him? He's been pretty crucial in the games he has played.

Are you really asking this question?

Reallllllllly?

It's a fair point. With that in mind, you probably haven't actually read it.

I'll bite.

Baker has played well once this year. And many people said we'd miss him in various threads before and after the game. Before that he's been atrocious for 2 years.

Westwood has played well in 4 games. Before that he's been a key player for us.

If you can't see the difference you're beyond help.

A key player?? Delph has been a key player for us. Benteke has been a key player for us especially his first season. Vllar has been a key player for us. Westwood has NOT been a key player for us. At times he was awful last year. Do you not remember this Steffan?? He has been excellent value for money and right now he would be in most people's starting 11. But never ever has he been a key player.

that's not true though.

There are people who criticise Westwood for legitimate reasons.

It usually prompts a decent debate.

You, on the other hand, mostly make up arguments. Its been the same ever since Westwood started playing and you were making up statistics (yeah. I remember that)

• Like 1

Because Baker has been crucial in a grand total of one game this season and he certainly isn't a starter with everyone fit.

Westwood was crucial in games that many players were crucial in. He was as crucial as the rest of the team in the plop game other than Baker, Senderos and Gabby. Weimann was more crucial in both other wins. Gabby was also more crucial in the Hull game.

How many games has Baker actually played?

He really isn't this key to us guys.

Yeah it's getting a bit silly. The stronger he's defended the more he's attacked and then the more he's attacked the stronger he's defended.

You've got the example you mentioned and on the other side Stefan using a villa defeat to have a go at people who don't agree with him. He's becoming a player that has extreme views about him because people won't stand down.

Westwood is a decent player and has been excellent so far this season. He may turn into our next England international or he may be replaced as we improve. Either way it seems daft to argue about him when he didn't even play. And yes I'm aware I contributed to it as well.

I'm not sure where else the debate can go.

• Like 4

My opinion is that he's been a good player for us generally, although he's always had his faults, and excellent this year.

My opinion is also that some people use any reason to have a go at him and it's been like that (as Stevo says)(sorry donnie) since he's signed.

No polarised viewpoint from me here.

that's not true though.

You, on the other hand, mostly make up arguments. Its been the same ever since Westwood started playing and you were making up statistics (yeah. I remember that)

So the last two years have shown nothing to suggest he would have made a difference to the capitulation after the first goal. Is that not a decent debate?

If it's not, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a monkeys whether you think it is or not, then why bother responding at all. If my posts about Westwood really upset you and Stefan in the way they seem to then why do either of you respond at all? My presence in this thread is normally prolonged by either you or him challenging my points, which is fine, I enjoy the nature of this website. 

That said, it has got to a point, where the pair of you just jump on my back at any given opportunity with seemingly no interest in reading or acknowledging my points. 

I came in this thread with quite a long post that actually acknowledged positives of Westwood but that also highlighted that I did not feel he would have made a difference to what I believe was the reason we lost the game. If you want to go back and read it, and indeed disagree, then let me know. Its about 2 pages back. Though I'll be more expecting a response of 'I can't be arsed, it's pointless arguing with you', which appears to be simply because I don't agree with you.

• Like 1

My opinion is that he's been a good player for us generally, although he's always had his faults, and excellent this year.

My opinion is also that some people use any reason to have a go at him and it's been like that (as Stevo says)(sorry donnie) since he's signed.

No polarised viewpoint from me here.

You're correct he has been a good player for us. I disagree he has been a KEY player for us.

I like how by Westwood missing one game, he has suddenly became the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer.

I like how "Westwood was a huge miss for us yesterday" somehow translates to "he's the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer" (who is not dead, so I am not sure how he can be reincarnated already). It's saddening that any praise for a player who's been very good for us this season is dismissed and ridiculed in this fashion.

• Like 1

Westwood was crucial in games that many players were crucial in. He was as crucial as the rest of the team in the plop game other than Baker, Senderos and Gabby. Weimann was more crucial in both other wins. Gabby was also more crucial in the Hull game.

How many games has Baker actually played?

He really isn't this key to us guys.

Baker isn't that crucial to the team in general - he's not even a starter.

Westwood however is a regular starter and has shown himself to be crucial to the team over the past year.

I like how by Westwood missing one game, he has suddenly became the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer.

I like how "Westwood was a huge miss for us yesterday" somehow translates to "he's the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer" (who is not dead, so I am not sure how he can be reincarnated already). It's saddening that any praise for a player who's been very good for us this season is dismissed and ridiculed in this fashion.

I know. How dare VILLA fans praise a VILLA player.

On the same hand, the fact that some people expend so much energy into disliking a VILLA player is a bit strange.

that's not true though.

So the last two years have shown nothing to suggest he would have made a difference to the capitulation after the first goal. Is that not a decent debate?

If it's not, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a monkeys whether you think it is or not, then why bother responding at all. If my posts about Westwood really upset you and Stefan in the way they seem to then why do either of you respond at all? My presence in this thread is normally prolonged by either you or him challenging my points, which is fine, I enjoy the nature of this website.

That said, it has got to a point, where the pair of you just jump on my back at any given opportunity with seemingly no interest in reading or acknowledging my points.

I came in this thread with quite a long post that actually acknowledged positives of Westwood but that also highlighted that I did not feel he would have made a difference to what I believe was the reason we lost the game. If you want to go back and read it, and indeed disagree, then let me know. Its about 2 pages back. Though I'll be more expecting a response of 'I can't be arsed, it's pointless arguing with you', which appears to be simply because I don't agree with you.

Don't flatter yourself.

I "jump on your back" because I disagree with your point in here. Which is the point of the forum?

No I don't think that is a decent debate because you didn't see the game so how could you know what would or wouldn't have helped avoid our capitulation?

I have no opinion either way. Would Westwood have helped? I don't know. I didn't see the game.

If I had to answer that question then I'd say its possible, as he's one of our best players and the verdict seems to be that his replacement didn't have a good game. So just as having Vlaar or Benteke in the team would have helped, maybe Westwood would have helped.

But what I won't do is draw a conclusion on what we were or were not missing yesterday because I didn't see the game.

• Like 1

On the same hand, the fact that some people expend so much energy into disliking a VILLA player is a bit strange.

As strange as using a defeat to gloat about your opinion on a player?

As strange as using a defeat to gloat about your opinion on a player?

Hah.

i didn't use the defeat. That implies I wanted use to lose so I could be right.