Ashley Westwood

Nabby

'And you have to keep the ball better'

..,which Westwood is outstanding at.

Just admit you're wrong. It would be far easier for all of us.

I wouldn't go as far as saying 'outstanding' - Carrick is outstanding at keeping the ball, Westy's not bad but doesn't have near the accuracy to be called 'outstanding'. 

'And you have to keep the ball better'

..,which Westwood is outstanding at.

Just admit you're wrong. It would be far easier for all of us.

Serious level of arrogance in your posts today. First claiming anyone who doesn't agree with your view on Westwood doesn't have a clue and now telling people to admit their wrong. Which is strange as no one has come on and criticised him.

Not even worth it.

I wasn't trying to cause an argument.  I just found it strange that you'd use a defeat to come and insult and mock anyone who didn't agree with you.  I think westwood has been excellent and clearly was a miss from the team today but I don't think it's evidence that those that hold a different opinion to you are clueless.

i think some on here are misinterpreting what is being said.

its not Westwood missing in isolation of other factors, but he being missing is another brick in the wall.

you can lose some good players from your team but when you lose too many, that final one can unhinge you....and along with the sickness that is what happened.....Ideally against the top teams you want them all to give yourself a chance.

I didn't see the game but heard we were pretty good (certainly the better team for half hour). Did we miss Westwood during that period?

Think the defeat was more to do with the fact that we let a goal in, our heads drop and predictably the floodgates open.

In all honesty, I've known that happen many a time when Westwood is on the pitch so don't see how him being there would have stopped it.

As for keeping possession. He's certainly one of a better players at that. Wouldn't say he's outstanding though. In fact being one of our better players at keeping possession doesn't say a lot tbh, because the vast majority of the team are absolutely hopeless at it.

Not so sure vlaar, Westwood or tekkers would have made much of a difference. Playing the way we do (not keeping the ball), we were inevitably due a game where we went behind and like always the team loses all confidence.

Pity because, the defeat isn't such an issue. The way we reacted to going behind shows that there are areas we simply haven't progressed. And important ones.

• Like 1

I didn't see the game but heard we were pretty good (certainly the better team for half hour). Did we miss Westwood during that period?

Think the defeat was more to do with the fact that we let a goal in, our heads drop and predictably the floodgates open.

In all honesty, I've known that happen many a time when Westwood is on the pitch so don't see how him being there would have stopped it.

As for keeping possession. He's certainly one of a better players at that. Wouldn't say he's outstanding though. In fact being one of our better players at keeping possession doesn't say a lot tbh, because the vast majority of the team are absolutely hopeless at it.

Not so sure vlaar, Westwood or tekkers would have made much of a difference. Playing the way we do (not keeping the ball), we were inevitably due a game where we went behind and like always the team loses all confidence.

Pity because, the defeat isn't such an issue. The way we reacted to going behind shows that there are areas we simply haven't progressed. And important ones.

So because we played well for a portion of the game that means we don't miss Westwood that much?

And it's simply too early to say whether we've improved to going behind. Yesterday was the first time we've been behind all season.

So because we played well for a portion of the game that means we don't miss Westwood that much?

And it's simply too early to say whether we've improved to going behind. Yesterday was the first time we've been behind all season.

So because we played badly for a portion of a game that means we miss Westwood??

I don't believe Ashley Westwood would have made an ounce of difference to the way the team responded to going behind which ultimately lost us the game.

Edited by Woodytom

So because we played badly for a portion of a game that means we miss Westwood??

I don't believe Ashley Westwood would have made an ounce of difference to the way the team responded to going behind which ultimately lost us the game.

I think we missed Westwood because he's one of our best players.

Perhaps not, but he may have been able to help us not go behind or take the lead.

We missed Westwood because we had absolutely no composure in midfield. 

Even when we were playing well, we still had no composure in midfield.

I know you don't like him Woody, but you could at least give credit where it's due otherwise your posts stink of a vendetta. (which is baffling)(sorry donnie)

• Like 1

I didn't see the game  [...]

Not so sure vlaar, Westwood or tekkers would have made much of a difference.

How exactly would you know that if you did not see the game? Our two poorest players yesterday were Clark and Sanchez. If Vlaar and Westwood had been in their respective places I believe this game would have looked very different. Not saying we would have won but I am certain we would not have capitulated in that short spell in that manner.

I think if you'd be better off commenting on performances you've actually seen.

• Like 2

I didn't even see that.

How could you possibly comment if you didn't even see the game. Staggering.

Is that a genuine question?

You have to see the game to have an opinion?

Perhaps all people who went to the game have the same opinion?

Maybe having watched aston villa/Ashley Westwood for two years I can form an opinion from that?

This vendetta? Is it evident when I highlight that I think he's played well? Is it evident when I not only highlight him as players who wouldn't have made a difference but also link in our 2 best players? Is it evident when I say he keeps possession well? Are you going to actually respond to questions that argue against your incorrect claim that I have a vendetta or are you going to avoid them like you usually do?

I didn't watch the game. Does it mean that I had no contact with the game? Radios do exist you know.

My opinion is formed on hearing what happened and knowing (based on the last two years) that more often than not THIS villa team often shows no fight once we go a goal down regardless of whether Westwood, vlaar or Benteke are in the side.

I have nothing against Ashley Westwood. I just don't think he's anywhere near as good as you make out.

Edited by Woodytom

I didn't even see that.

How could you possibly comment if you didn't even see the game. Staggering.

Is that a genuine question?

You have to see the game to have an opinion?

The fact that you are so baffled that this is a genuine question says it all and renders the rest of your post void to be honest.

I know you don't like him Woody, but you could at least give credit where it's due otherwise your posts stink of a vendetta.

You want people to give Westwood credit in a game he didn't play in?

The games where players are missing often show how much they add to the side. This was clear yesterday.