Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood is for me one of 3 or 4 players who at this moment would have a decent shout as player of the season

Weimann, Guzan and Benteke are (from what I have seen) - streets ahead. My vote would go to Weimann though for sheer effort.

I really have only seen Westwood 3 or 4 times maz but hes been poor in all of them. Not stand out poor mind, just poor like the rest. He certainly hasnt been anywhere near good enough to receive the accolades hes been given on here.

Agree, Westwood is going to be decent for us. Herd on the other hand should stick to inking his body as he's a woeful footballer

And only recently you were singing his praises.

Ridiculous comment posted for effect.

Agree, Westwood is going to be decent for us. Herd on the other hand should stick to inking his body as he's a woeful footballer

But herd isnt a defender, his a midfielder filling in at center back in a defense made up of players who have little experience playing in the prem. Herd isn't a good cb, but has always looked capable for us when playing cdm. The same as Lichaj gets **** over for having a shit game at left back, when he is a right back playing out of position. I think herd is the most hard working midfielder weve got.

he's done well, but we need perspective if Ireland played every week the same sort of level of Westwood then people would be moaning. Our expectations of Westwood are low therefore we are surprised when he is pretty tidy and works hard. If we had paid loads for him including wages people would soon be saying 'not good enough.'

For the record I like him a lot, but he needs more support around him.

Any word on the injury? I thought it looked bad. Ligamenty. You can walk away from those. I tried to ski away with a triple rupture once.

Edit: I'm chatting bollocks as usual. I thought it was a knee injury, but it's his ankle. Should know today though how bad it is

Edited by yillan