Ashley Westwood

Nabby

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I think he will make a good player for a team lower end of the championship, but we need to get rid pronto, relegation had destroyed him - made him even worse, he needs to move on for the sake of the club and himself.

I've seen very little to suggest he can do well in this league. He's on a massive downward spiral and just isn't good enough. 

Currently an utterly abysmal player. 

Has anyone so bad ever played nearly 150 games for us?

I just can't comprehend how a midfielder can go 45 minutes and only touch a ball 3 times. It doesn't make any sense.

Ive said for a long time that the more he plays for this club the lower we shall fall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andym said:

How can a centre midfielder only have 3 touches in 45 minutes? That takes a special level of ineptitude. 

It's ok, he keeps things ticking over!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Has anyone so bad ever played nearly 150 games for us?

I just can't comprehend how a midfielder can go 45 minutes and only touch a ball 3 times. It doesn't make any sense.

Ive said for a long time that the more he plays for this club the lower we shall fall. 

Spot on. I've said this many times before but Westwood is a damning inditement of the state of Aston Villa and its sabotage by Randy Lerner. Years back a player of Westwood's poor ability would have been shown the door after 5 or 10 games maximum. It's beyond madness that he's managed to reach 150+ games and just about sums up our demise that we had players as shit as he inflicted onto us. I even remember his early days at the club when the Villa PR machine laughably tried to talk him up for England. Many fell for this hype but not all, and sadly Villa's decline was truely painful to watch. Even now after relegation we still can't shift him, and in my opinion nothing good will come of this team while he still gets a game. 

Pull the plug, Bruce, get rid and get us a midfielder worthy of this club. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping his 3 touches and him getting the curly finger at half time spells the end for this absolute nothing player, like it should have when he was subbed at Preston.  Absolute despicable waste of space, my least favourite Villa player ever.  I'd rather have Steve Hodge back.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Both he and Gardner are only ever good when they're alongside a better player.

If they're playing alongside each other it's a recipe for disaster.

Your right....but you cannot have free loaders in this game.

I am just surprised that it is still being debated, with some.

when will the penny finally drop with them.

The club need to get decisive on this now, before the wheels come off again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I think he will make a good player for a team lower end of the championship, but we need to get rid pronto, relegation had destroyed him - made him even worse, he needs to move on for the sake of the club and himself.

We were in the bottom half until recently, and he was dire.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2012 at 17:29, KjParton said:

Spoke to a few of my Crewe supporting friends and they have said.

He is a Defensive Midfielder, a strong tackler (but fair), very good with the ball at his feet and can spot a pass.

They have all said they will be disappointed if he leaves.

They were obviously lying :)

I thought the stat was a joke. We had 63% in the game overall, so how is it possible that a centre midfielder playing an entire half only has 3 touches? Just criminal and a total lack of effort, because anyone on here could get that many touches just showing for it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Risso said:

We were in the bottom half until recently, and he was dire.

Well we're now back in the bottom half, and he still is dire. 

Let's hope this interest from Wolves is real, it would do us all, as fans and as forum members, a huge favour if he just left the club at this point. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I thought the stat was a joke. We had 63% in the game overall, so how is it possible that a centre midfielder playing an entire half only has 3 touches? Just criminal and a total lack of effort, because anyone on here could get that many touches just showing for it. 

He only had 3 touches? Surely that can't be true?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He only had 3 touches? Surely that can't be true?

Someone mentioned it on twitter and then whoscored.com says he had 3 touches. 1 was a shot, 2 were passes. Gardner had 6 touches. Tshibola had over 45. I would like it not to be true, but it seems that it is.

• Like 1