Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I had a dream about Westwood last night, that is how much it has been on my mind.

He was dropped for the next game, we won 5-1, and Westwood come out and made a statement about how shit he was, how he has been shit for 5 years, how he was embarrassed at the club's fall from grace. He offered to rip up his contract.

That would be nice.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

However, we've voiced our opinion on RDM for what has been an appalling 12 games.... but it's 12 games. 

Westwood has underperformed for 5 years and we still don't voice our opinion of him in public in a hostile way.

Do I think that would be productive. Not really. I don't know. But what I do know is these players get a hell of an easy ride. Do we really know how they'd perform if we really put them under pressure and tell them to buck their ideas up? I don't think we do.

What?  He's singled out for abuse every game!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I had a dream about Westwood last night, that is how much it has been on my mind.

He was dropped for the next game, we won 5-1, and Westwood come out and made a statement about how shit he was, how he has been shit for 5 years, how he was embarrassed at the club's fall from grace. He offered to rip up his contract.

That would be nice.

Thats not a dream......its a nightmare

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He got booed to hell yesterday following the goal.  May have contributed to him being brought off.

in fairness its a credit to our fans that this hasnt happened well before. Petrov if I remember was booed in his 2nd season

14 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Is he? Don't think he is to a point where it's blindingly obvious in the stands. He's certainly had an easy riDe for 5 years.

Maybe 3/4 years - these days he's the first player jumped on by a mile. His substitutions get applauded and he gets booed/abused generally. Even if he does nothing "wrong", it happens. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Even if he does nothing "wrong", it happens. 

Doing nothing wrong shouldn't really be the benchmark for not receiving criticism.

There is a monstrous difference between doing nothing wrong and doing something good. 

He's not paid thousands of pounds a week to do 'nothing wrong'.

I always thought it was harsh when I heard real Madrid fans would boo strikers like Brazilian Ronaldo if he didn't score or at least effect the game. Now, I totally agree with it.

Yes, but doing something good usually results in praise/applause rather than silence, a shrug and a comment of "he's paid to be good".

Real Madrid fans really aren't the benchmark of patience by the way ;)

It's no surprise he's being singled out. He's terrible and he's been a regular player for far too long. We signed him from league one and that's probably his level, never a premier league player and currently struggling to be a decent championship player. 

He's managed to hang on, probably because he's a decent guy and good professional but like with all but one of Lambert's signings he should have been moved on a long time ago. 

• Like 2

He's certainly come in for a bit more stick of late, jeered at VP when he got subbed off for example. The problem is the alternative is Gary Gardner, who has somehow managed to look even worse when he's played this season. It's a long time until January until we can sign a good CM.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Just watch him. You'll see what some have been told their wrong about for years. 

hear hear. In fact I think people's entire footballing knowledge was questioned at times.

I know I had a personal vendetta against him. Incorrect..... He was just shit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

hear hear. In fact I think people's entire footballing knowledge was questioned at times.

I know I had a personal vendetta against him. Incorrect..... He was just shit.

you dont understand football if you dont get what Westwood brings to the team ;)

• Like 4

You could pick any page of the last 400 or so about this player and they would all say pretty much the same thing every time.

It's crazy that the fans are still so split on him after all this time. 

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

You could pick any page of the last 400 or so about this player and they would all say pretty much the same thing every time.

It's crazy that the fans are still so split on him after all this time. 

I don't think so - there's 3 or 4 on this thread that rate him, and one guy I've heard on WM.

And that's it, the vast majority agree he's the invisible man.

• Like 2

On Monday, October 03, 2016 at 11:52, StefanAVFC said:

I don't. We don't have the players for a midfield 2.

We need to play 4-3-3, load the midfield and start grinding out some 1-0's.

In fairness we need to get at least 2-0 up so we're not throwing away points during our inevitably fragile last 5-10 minutes.

On Monday, October 03, 2016 at 11:52, StefanAVFC said:

I don't. We don't have the players for a midfield 2.

We need to play 4-3-3, load the midfield and start grinding out some 1-0's.

In fairness we need to get at least 2-0 up so we're not throwing away points during our inevitably fragile last 5-10 minutes.