Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Normally when Villa score i immediately scream the house down, however, after Westwood's goal i gawped at the TV for a couple seconds genuinely shell shocked - then when i realised what had just happened i proceeded to scream like a pre-pubescent girl at a One Direction concert. 

• Like 2

Normally when Villa score i immediately scream the house down, however, after Westwood's goal i gawped at the TV for a couple seconds genuinely shell shocked - then when i realised what had just happened i proceeded to scream like a pre-pubescent girl at a One Direction concert. 

I was washing up... I dropped a cup... it smashed!!!!

• Like 2

He was positive for the 1st goal, when he ran forward, played in Bacuna and we scored.

Then he scored himself.

Today wasn't really on him. He wasn't great, but he certainly wasn't the worst.

I can't repeat what i was calling Westwood throughout the game, but what a goal.

He needs to be more positive...............as all the team do tbh.

He sits a little too deep, we need a water carrier back there so players like Westwood and Delph can go forward at ease.

I was washing up... I dropped a cup... it smashed!!!!

Poor cup... It's a good way to go out at least!

He had a lot of stick on here this season but he's one of the certainties to play every week in my view. I said before that KEA and Sylla cant play in the same team and some disagreed with me and I think after some of performances we have seen with them both in the side we've seen enough. 

I actually had that gut feeling when he got the ball that he was going to score or go close at least. I still had that delayed reaction when it did go in though out of slight disbelief, not just that he had scored but that we had actually drawn level. It was a great strike though!

Brilliant goal.

I can't repeat what i was calling Westwood throughout the game, but what a goal.

He needs to be more positive...............as all the team do tbh.

I'm guessing some of those words would be removed.

I thought he was excellent for the majority of the game. Some of his 1 touch forward passing was exquisite (the one to Tonev underpressure, before his atomic strike early in the game comes to mind), and was our only driving force from midfield going forward. Coming back to his best. Now, if we can get Lowton and Andi doing the same...