Joe Bennett

Si.

Erm, no it's not 'literally impossible' at all.

I was in the east stand last Tuesday night and watched a team from three divisions below completely and utterly run rings and tear apart our supposed 'Premier League' full-back at every given opportunity. It was a performance so bad that prompted him to apologise to the fans. It was a performance that made me think back to when I once covered a teammate to play in this position in my Sunday League team and was, naturally, all at sea. It was an embarrassing performance.

If you think Enda Stevens has performed as badly in any games this season I suggest you watch the matches back again.

Borough fans on their forum seem to have a good opinion on him, only read the first page but all seem positive. A few even comment he may need another season at their level, they was probably right and he may yet get it. ;-)

Ummm...

You think that's Boro fans having a good opinion of him?

Could just be the move he needs really, not been quite the same player as a few years ago. Seems to have gone a bit stagnant]

firstly i like joe bennett , a year ago he looked an excellent prospect even near future england class

but , maybe he got carried away a bit with reading his good press reports at that time and subsequently his form dipped . last season he got sloppy in a few games defensively and lost possession in dangerous areas but i still rate him especially in an. attacking sense .

Im not sure Bennett is as good as Boro fans think he is.

He had a very poor season last year, he was picked out by opposition scouts as the weak point in the Boro back line, and time after time he was positionally unaware of what was around him. He struggles in the air and has questionmarks over his temperment.

When many expected him to burt on into the England U21 squad he seemed to go backwards and Briggs? (the fulham kid) seemed to over take him.

All the warning signs are there and it seems we are seeing all those weaknesses mentioned are magnified through exposure at premier league level.

Edited by briny_ear

Bennett has been poor, but I think he's got the talent to be a good player. I think he's a victim of being rushed into first team action, when ideally, he should have been slowly bled. I just hope his confidence is not completely shot when all is said and done.

Â