Joe Bennett

Si.

I get the feeling when he plays he doesnt give a shit half the time.

Prior to fecking up the throw he decided to dribble with the ball at it went out for a throw. Really was shocking. Then he ran off to left back with a stupid grin on his face. Not the first time ive seen that.

He also came on against Chelsea and didnt give one sh1t. Didnt try, their should have been some pride there to get stuck in when we were about 4 or 5 down.

He seems very low on confidence. Sometimes I wonder if he gets some sort of anxiety attacks during games. I think there are some skills hidden in there which could (Maybe) flourish in a successful team. But at the moment he is not mentally prepared to play for a club in the PL, let alone for a club in crisis such as ours.

Hope he proves us all wrong though.

I get the feeling when he plays he doesnt give a shit half the time.

Prior to fecking up the throw he decided to dribble with the ball at it went out for a throw. Really was shocking. Then he ran off to left back with a stupid grin on his face. Not the first time ive seen that.

He also came on against Chelsea and didnt give one sh1t. Didnt try, their should have been some pride there to get stuck in when we were about 4 or 5 down.

Hardly fair or justified criticism - difficult as a young player to come into a team that is performing poorly. I think he will be a really good player in time. I've got friends in the NE who think he has real talent

Hardly fair or justified criticism - difficult as a young player to come into a team that is performing poorly. I think he will be a really good player in time. I've got friends in the NE who think he has real talent

I didnt say he didnt give a shit... just gives out the impression at times. Lambert wouldnt have him near the team if he didnt.

Regards talent... he may have, but i havent seen much off it as yet. He got the run around last night from a div 4 player. I think he should work on his physique first though.

He shouldnt be near the first team at present and i know its not his fault he is. Lambert has to carry the can for that.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line, and state that in 12 months time that no-one will be doubting his place in our team.

The abuse he was getting last night was embarrassing, as embarrassing as Villa's performance!

I've always been proud of our away following, but last night was one to forget.

I actually think he might be a much better winger than full back - he has some skills has pace and can cross a ball so perhaps playing him on wing instead of fullback is an option. He is defintely struggling with defensive positioning but we should look at other positions for him - we do need an experienced left full and centre half in the window though.

The abuse he was getting last night was embarrassing, as embarrassing as Villa's performance!

So true! I was 5 rows from the front and people were shouting at him calling him a word removed, shit, etc. Yeah, he was having a bad game (as was the majority of the team), but he's 22 years and doesn't deserve to be abused by his own fans.

joe bennett@joebennett27

Still hard to take last night! Dont mind bit of stick defo wasnt at it last night.. #apologies

I looked at some of the replies he was getting to that tweet. It was just more Villa fans abusing one of their own players.

Edited by DCJonah

I'm not sure people grasp the concept of ''support' sometimes.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be critized but he admits he was shit cut him some slack.

Huge wages have increased this element of support ,players on weekly wages far in excess of us fans yearly salary and we are made to pay high ticket prices and now people demand excellence every game to justify the spending.

So true! I was 5 rows from the front and people were shouting at him calling him a word removed, shit, etc. Yeah, he was having a bad game (as was the majority of the team), but he's 22 years and doesn't deserve to be abused by his own fans.

I looked at some of the replies he was getting to that tweet. It was just more Villa fans abusing one of their own players.

agree with this and the woody1000 post. I feel sorry for the lad who is basically trying to find his feet in a higher league when he gets abuse from his own fans expecting him , it seems, to be Ashey cole after three games.

Honestly some of our fans really piss me off at times

agree with this and the woody1000 post. I feel sorry for the lad who is basically trying to find his feet in a higher league when he gets abuse from his own fans expecting him , it seems, to be Ashey cole after three games.

Honestly some of our fans really piss me off at times

I agree. I think supporters are just frustrated though aren't they. It is not Bennetts, Westwoods, Bakers, Clarks, Bannans, Lowtons, Stevens, Herds, Lichajs, Delphs..... or the supporters fault, that these players have all been **** in the deep end when they either simply aren't good enough or simply aren't ready to compete at this level without a few experienced, quality players alongside them who can guide/help them along.

I agree. I think supporters are just frustrated though aren't they. It is not Bennetts, Westwoods, Bakers, Clarks, Bannans, Lowtons, Stevens, Herds, Lichajs, Delphs..... or the supporters fault, that these players have all been **** in the deep end when they either simply aren't good enough or simply aren't ready to compete at this level without a few experienced, quality players alongside them who can guide/help them along.

This.

As frustrated as we all are, I just don't see how abusing the players helps anything.

I have a horrible feeling though that this will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

The problem is that this sort of attitude from fans puts players under increased pressure, and if it becomes a regular thing in home games too then it takes away some of the home advantage IMO - teams will know to frustrate us for 20 minutes or so, and 'the fans will turn'.

Â