General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Inevitably, a conspiracy theory has started doing the rounds that Israel staged the Hamas attack themselves. 

Been doing the rounds for ages, in various forms. The one I first saw get some traction is that the Israelis had exacerbated the attacks with their quick responder teams essentially indiscriminately shooting whatever moved in some of the target areas, essentially saying a number of the deaths were effectively friendly fire collateral.

A more plausible one would be that they had intelligence on imminent attacks and chose not to act beforehand to justify their response.

That festival and the kibbutz's served as an equivalent to Coventry and the enigma code intelligence (another 'conspiracy theory').

• Like 1

60 years today that JFK was assassinated  by Oswald .. the evidence is cut and dried that he did from the book store depository window and yet 60 years later there are still people coming up with conspiracy after conspiracy.

i wonder if in another 60 years people will finally accept the truth ? 

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

60 years today that JFK was assassinated  by Oswald .. the evidence is cut and dried that he did from the book store depository window and yet 60 years later there are still people coming up with conspiracy after conspiracy.

I think the real conspiracy theory is not so much the grassy knoll/multiple shooters thing, as whether he was a lone nutter or put up to it by others. Kennedy had definitely pissed a lot of people off, so I wouldn't rule it out. 

There's a growing theory that JFK was accidentally shot by one of his security team as they reacted to Oswald's first shot, and the aftermath of the assassination was essentially a cover-up of the fact that someone in the security service had **** up and killed the President by accident.

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The problem is the truth is usually the most boring version.

Just now, mjmooney said:

I think the real conspiracy theory is not so much the grassy knoll/multiple shooters thing, as whether he was a lone nutter or put up to it by others. Kennedy had definitely pissed a lot of people off, so I wouldn't rule it out. 

yeah , I'd agree with that   .. despite the claims , they've pretty much conclusively proved the shots only came from the 6th floor window 

my own feeling is that they had the shooter  and  were desperate not to find any link to Russia that could / would have started world war 3 and so the case was kinda fudged so that it could be case closed very quickly  , in doing so its given rise to hundreds of conspiracies  

But , I must confess i do find the conspiracies fascinating , sometimes even plausible .. London Live had a programme on yesterday  about Ruth Paine , the landlady of Oswald's wife .. on one hand she's just a Quaker woman who was a liberal do gooder .. and yet , there is lots and lots of coincidences with her and her husband and events around the shooting ( she got Oswald his job at the book store depository ) 

56 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's a growing theory that JFK was accidentally shot by one of his security team as they reacted to Oswald's first shot, and the aftermath of the assassination was essentially a cover-up of the fact that someone in the security service had **** up and killed the President by accident.

its a book called Mortal Error that  the theory originates from   .. something along the lines of  as the first shot went off  , one of  the agent saw Oswald in the window and started to draw his rifle  , meanwhile their car accelerated forward to respond and the Secret service agent  fired his gun in the resulting jolt as he was off balance due to him standing on the car seat (another version has the secret service guys extremely hung over from a late night drinking session the night before hence he's not in top form) 

there is a photo of the agent in the car  holding a rifle and turning his head , but i don't think there is any hard evidence to back up this theory  

There’s a very good summary on YouTube of the JFK incident by Lemmino if anyone is interested.

My takeaway from that video was how varied the witness statements were after the fact which gave rise to a lot of different theories about what happened because there was a lot of contradictory statements.

Edited by AVFCDAN

11 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

There’s a very good summary on YouTube of the JFK incident by Lemmino if anyone is interested.

My takeaway from that video was how varied the witness statements were after the fact which gave rise to a lot of different theories about what happened because there was a lot of contradictory statements.

Just watched this and his MH370 film 

really good work and lays everything out clearly and pretty much puts most of the conspiracies to bed 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just watched this and his MH370 film 

really good work and lays everything out clearly and pretty much puts most of the conspiracies to bed 

It’s an excellent channel imo.

Jack the ripper video is very good aswell.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Â