Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Have to say i'm dreading it... Can see nothing but another 0 goals for us.. Evertons strength is they don't concede many ..our weakness is obvious.. we can't create. With our defence still gelling i think this will allow Everton at least a few chances to score. My belief in this season is sadly waning fast already... Probably down to the evidence of the last couple of years & now we have not only lost our best players but our experienced ones too.

0-3 for me sadly... Hope i am wrong of course.

"Interesting" line up.

I think he's kept Baker in there to help at set pieces, but the midfield looks very narrow again. Unless we're going to see Bannan wide left and N'Zogbia cutting in from the right. Glad Delfouneso has got a chance too. Hope he takes it.

Seems like PL is still in "friendly" mode at the moment, testing out squads and formations to try and build from. We'll probably see a fair bit of that this season. None of us can say if the likes of Delfouneso will make it in the Prem because they've never really had a chance. This is where we find out.

Wouldn't be overly disappointed with a loss. Everton are a good side and for all the hope of early pre-season our lack of transfer activity in comparison to how teams like Blunderland are strengthening their squad has been terribly disappointing - this needs to be highlighted to management.

i heard on the radio everton havent beaten us in 12 games and havent won at VP for 7 years

if we win it could be a complete turn around, the rags are all over them at the moment could work against them just as much as for them, VP will be buzzing so i dont think our chances are as slim as some

that said if id bothered going to the bookies id have had this down as a 1-1

think we'll lose today 2-0.

Everton look better than us in every department.

Not sure about the team selection - N'Zogbia retains his place but Delph (who was very good last week) and Ireland miss out.

Big game for Bannan today - he's obviously been earmarked to be the creative spark with his inclusion.

Fingers crossed but that's all I can hope for

(usually I'm more positive than this!)

Nice to see Bannan - could be great under Lambert's style. For me, Herd is more lively than Delph too. Only issue I have is I'd still have Ireland instead of Delfouneso. Because he's our most talented player by a country mile.

Shit, CNZ handed a starting role again. I'm going to run a little sweep with myself to see what minute I find myself calling him a word removed for his stupidity. I'll likely do a second one to see how many times after that I say the same thing.