Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

From the Brigada 1874 forums

As the match against Everton will be our first game as a group in L8 we've decided to take the unusual step to publish our plans so that people in the section who aren't group members know what's going on.

For the game on Saturday we've go...t a display planned that will take up the back part of L8, from around row MM backwards.

The display will include a static surfer and a number of small tifo flags either side of the surfer. These flags will be taped to the seats as you arrive.

As the players come out we'll raise the surfer and if you've got a flag on your seat then get it flying. The surfer is to remain static so if it's not over you don't try and grab it.

Once the game kicks off we'll drop the surfer.

At the end of the game a member of the group will come round to collect the flags, this isn't because we're stingy bastards it's because one day we want enough of these to cover large swathes of the Holte.

All going well this should be a nice little display to get the season at VP started, we appreciate your cooperation in making it work.

UTV

Lambert definitely won't want to lose this game, especially after losing his first to a team we should be beating if we are to put together a half decent season. I think this will lead him to having a "stop them" approach for this one.

I can see a good couple of changes in this game, a different formation adopted maybe.

Everton will most likely be on a high after beating Man U but I dont envisage them using the same tactics. I think they will play a little less long ball to fellani and adopt a more passing and slower build up approach. Everton passed through Uniteds midfield quite easily at times the other day so I think they may look to build on this against us. As a result of this we may see a bit more steel added to midfield...whoever it is will need to be sharp from the outset and be keeping a keen eye on the runs Pienaar and Osman make which can be very dangerous.

Similarly Bent is simply unable to make the ball stick up front, something I think the manager will have a real problem with as the season progresses if we dont add to our squad, hence why we are in the market for a Kenwyne Jones type player. Based on this I think well probably go with two up top to try keep a bit more ball in the final third and put a squeeze on their full backs who will look to get forward.

I think we could line up something like this

same back 4 as last week

---------- Herd

Inzogbia KEA Delph

Bent Wei/Delf

With Inzogbia being the only midfielder with license to roam.

On paper I think Everton have a much stronger squad than ours and unfortunately dont think this is one we can win, I have feeling we will go a goal down and come away with a draw from this one.

Everton fan in peace here. Looking forward to the game at the weekend, my own prediction is a score draw. You always seem a bit of a bogey team and I can't remember performing to out ability at Villa Park for years. Though obviously the current Villa squad seems a bit of a shadow of the once great team. At least you have a decent manager in Lambert though, I felt really sorry for you being stuck with Mcleish. I've always had a lot of time for Villa so it was sad to see you being dragged down to level of Small Heath. The injustice...

Anyway, any recommendations for pubs around/ near the ground?

If you're driving I would recommend the Villa Tavern top of Holborn Hill, 15 min walk to ground, free parking and car wash available for £2.50

Spit and sawdust type place but very friendly

Disco on Saturday nights if you're staying in Aston after game

Everton fan in peace here. Looking forward to the game at the weekend, my own prediction is a score draw. You always seem a bit of a bogey team and I can't remember performing to out ability at Villa Park for years. Though obviously the current Villa squad seems a bit of a shadow of the once great team. At least you have a decent manager in Lambert though, I felt really sorry for you being stuck with Mcleish. I've always had a lot of time for Villa so it was sad to see you being dragged down to level of Small Heath. The injustice...

If you're driving I would recommend the Villa Tavern top of Holborn Hill, 15 min walk to ground, free parking and car wash available for £2.50

Nice one. Thanks very much.

Just an update for you on our squad. Both Jelavic and Distin are facing late fitness tests as they went off with knocks on Monday, and Moyes is unsure if Mirallas is ready for his debut. If Jelavic doesn't make it then I do worry for our chances as the next in-line is Heskey's heir apparant, Vic Anichebe.

My team.

.......................Given.......................

Hutton.......Vlaar.......Baker.......Warnock

........................Clark..........................

Holman.......KEA.......Ireland.......N'Zogbia

........................Bent............................

I know Hutton and Warnock have no chance of starting. Seems crazy to me though.

Nice one. Thanks very much.

Just an update for you on our squad. Both Jelavic and Distin are facing late fitness tests as they went off with knocks on Monday, and Moyes is unsure if Mirallas is ready for his debut. If Jelavic doesn't make it then I do worry for our chances as the next in-line is Heskey's heir apparant, Vic Anichebe.

Thanks for the update, enjoy the game but not too much ;-)