Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Unfortunately I think this'll be Everton's most comfortable away victory all season. 0-2. I still just about have faith that we'll improve the squad just enough by the deadline to have a fairly okay season, but as the squad currently stands, we're so lightweight upfront, as an attacking force we are non existent. Just scoring one goal seems like a monumental task.

As someone mentions above, the difference this year is we have a manager who will know our failings in the previous game and will try to change that for the next game. Everton played terrific against Man Utd and will give us a test this Saturday. but we're at home, our crowd will be behind the team and Lambert and this could make a difference.

Everton looked very strong at the back against Man Utd and we'd do well to penetrate their defence especially considering that we couldn't muster up anything against West Ham - but the Premier League is very unpredictable.

Can see a draw at best for us, but (as ever) will be cheering us on for the win.

Not very optimistic either. The best bet we have is with Lichaj at left-back and would possibly even bring Herd in to add a bit of bite to the midfield as Gibson/Neville/Feilani dominated the Man Utd midfield yesterday. Delph/KEA/Ireland is a little too weak.

Going to struggle again if what I saw last night is anything to go by. 2 or 3 players aside we have a poor squad that needs immediate investment or we will end up getting trounced all season.

2-1 win to Villa.. Though this game is one the media expect us to lose, the fans aren't confident so it gives our side all the more reason to go out and surprise everyone. I think if we manage to beat Everton then we may be on for a nice season after all as Everton after their Man Utd result look a real threat this season.

I still think 2-1 win Villa then 2-0 win Villa against Newcastle.. I am vowing to stay optimistic all season so not one of my predictions will be a loss or a draw just so you know lol.

It'll likely be a case of "after the Lord Mayor's show" for Everton, as per usual. Even more so with it being against you lot! Mirallas will likely play some part, Naismith may play a bigger part than Monday as well. Jelavić and Distin were both injured in Monday's game so we'll see how they are.

Everton fan in peace here. Looking forward to the game at the weekend, my own prediction is a score draw. You always seem a bit of a bogey team and I can't remember performing to out ability at Villa Park for years. Though obviously the current Villa squad seems a bit of a shadow of the once great team. At least you have a decent manager in Lambert though, I felt really sorry for you being stuck with Mcleish. I've always had a lot of time for Villa so it was sad to see you being dragged down to level of Small Heath. The injustice...

Anyway, any recommendations for pubs around/ near the ground?

Fellaini will play up front practically as he did against Man U. That game for Everton was always going to be one of their biggest games of the season, first match at home and against their second rivals.

Vlaar v. Fellaini will be interesting; the amount of times Fellaini has committed murder against us is crazy! He should have been booked against Man U, I wonder if he'll get away with it again?!