Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I would agree, if we had a better option. But we don't. Whom do you want to play there? Holman? Ireland?

Either. In the Prem I'd go with Ireland. Holman might suit the task of dispatching Bradford though.

Was pretty pleased with what he showed, more so first half when we got the ball down. Created chances for himself and one for Gabby as well. End product was almost there, forced decent save from Duke, obviously the cross which ended up with Gabby. Let's be honest, we haven't even been close to creating these sort of chances for a long time now, he may waste a few chances or run into poor areas but at least he's direct, beats men and ends with shots on goals, for example look at the Bent chance, N'Zogbia's shot. He tries to do something with the ball that's positive rather than just constantly move the ball from side to side ending with one of the hung diagonal crosses into Benteke that's often ineffective.

I think we need him.

• Like 1

For

Strength and Power - it is N'Zogbia all the way

Work rate and general reliability - Holman

Technique and vision - Ireland

If we could mould them all we would have a hell of player but alas we are stuck with what we've got which is three players who all bring major flaws.

N'Zogbia - is a headless chicken who often displays surprisingly poor technique in terms of his general control and hold up play.

Ireland is pretty static for an attacking mid (I know he runs around a lot but very rarely does he run with the ball). That's fine, its just not his game but I do think this is why he often drifts in games and doesn't pose a great threat to defences.

Holman is a mix of the sublime and the ridiculous, probably the best of the lot right now but he needed a rest.

Sorry I don't see what people are seeing in his performance last night. Sure, he did a lot of running. But for me his running was predictable in that it was always (bar once) into dead ends resulting in him losing possession. I can only remember that one occasion where one of his dribbles amounted to anything. He got to the byline and laid it back for Gabby to take a shot that brought a very good save from Duke.

Zog was style over substance and we can't afford to have that on the pitch. If he was actually achieving something then fine, but he's not. I'd much prefer to have Ireland threading through balls for Weimann and Benteke in that position 'in the hole' rather than having someone who thinks he can take on the whole team on his own time and time again.

at least he was trying to shoot/create things unlike the rest of the midfield. bannan and delph hardly ever got the ball forward

we badly missed holman yesterday. his work rate was required

Edited by Demitri_C

Zog was style over substance and we can't afford to have that on the pitch. If he was actually achieving something then fine, but he's not. I'd much prefer to have Ireland threading through balls for Weimann and Benteke in that position 'in the hole' rather than having someone who thinks he can take on the whole team on his own time and time again.

I am pretty sure I have never seen this happen.

i think he would be better as a centre attacking mid, if a player doesnt like playing in a certain position, ie left wing, they arent going to perform as well, which is were hes getting the critisism from

• He's the one midfielder we have who actually can get the ball and run at real pace at the other team and create something. That makes him exciting to watch and unpredictable.

• I;d much rather watch him than watch the 2 crabs (Bannan and Delph) knocking is sideways, or Ireland doing nothing or mr mediocre Holman.

• Yes N'Zog doesn't always give you the end product but he's our best attacking midfielder by a considerable distance IMO.

I'm not a fan, never have been never will be. He has talent, sure he does. But he also has a bad attitude even McLeish the man who signed him questioned his desire to succeed in the game. When he does play he plays for himself and has little or no interest in team mates or passing the ball until he has run into a blind alley as he did time after time at Bradford.

Not my type of player at all.

Â