Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Not sure I agree with the above, definitely he used to be able to run at teams and open things up a bit but I've not really seen him do that since he came back from his injury.

Looks incredibly rusty to me and it doesnt seem to be getting better with a run of games.

Only keeping his place through lack of options for me. Painful to see what our club has become when players regularly turn in these performances and keep their place.

He hasn't looked remotely the same since his injury. He might still try running at defenders but they seem to always know where he's going and always be faster than him. He looks a good stone overweight as well

Agree, definitely lost a fair bit of pace since the injury. Looked such an explosive player at Wigan but now would go as far as saying he's actually slow.

Played completely the wrong way in a team set up to only defend and create zilch!

If Lambert hadn't been told by the management to use his expensive players then would be sat with Bent, Hutton and Given in the bomb squad this season!

Played completely the wrong way in a team set up to only defend and create zilch!

If Lambert hadn't been told by the management to use his expensive players then would be sat with Bent, Hutton and Given in the bomb squad this season!

This isn't the Lambert thread, but I wasn't aware of that fact (the bit about management telling him to play certain players) - can you back it up or is it just made up twaddle?

Like others have said, he doesn't look the same player after his injury (he hadn't show much for us before that to be honest, but he was better than he is now)

To be fair to the lad, he worked hard though. Tracked back and made some tackles/interceptions, nice to see him trying at least.

Another serious ankle/Achilles injury, another busted flush. Seems to have lost that sharpness over the first few yards, just like Bent.

I'd be tempted to go with Grealish instead for a game or two.

This isn't the Lambert thread, but I wasn't aware of that fact (the bit about management telling him to play certain players) - can you back it up or is it just made up twaddle?

Like others have said, he doesn't look the same player after his injury (he hadn't show much for us before that to be honest, but he was better than he is now)

To be fair to the lad, he worked hard though. Tracked back and made some tackles/interceptions, nice to see him trying at least.

Another serious ankle/Achilles injury, another busted flush. Seems to have lost that sharpness over the first few yards, just like Bent.

Tom Fox told him to make full use of every player in the squad and I think Faulkner did too. You can look it up for yourself if you wish?

I mentioned Lambert because it was relevant to the point I was making at the time about Charles? But another another wanna be mod! :wacko:

Could you please find this information for me?

Simply not true.

Tom Fox told him to make full use of every player in the squad and I think Faulkner did too. You can look it up for yourself if you wish?

I mentioned Lambert because it was relevant to the point I was making at the time about Charles? But another another wanna be mod! :wacko:

I'd be extremely interested to see if you could remotely back any of that up with evidence.

From what litle we know about it, I'd actually suggest it was the complete opposite. He was told by those higher up NOT to use the people in the bomb squad, which is why they were put there. They've since retracted that and he's started using them again. That's still speculation, but I'd wager it's closer to the truth than your version.

I don’t really rate NZogbia but I have to say I felt for both him and Weimann last night. I am not sure how it came across on the tele but at the game you could clearly see that their main role last night was to defend and not commit themselves too far forward. They both played as pretty much wing backs.

That is not the first time this season this has happened, in fact it has happened more often than not, and it can’t be easy for a player whose natural instinct will be to get forward to be told to do the opposite.

With the above in mind I felt that Charlie and Weimann performed the job they were asked to do pretty well and both certainly put a shift in with their work off the ball even if on it they did next to f all.

• Like 1

Hi Stevo I knew you'd catch up with me again eventually???  :D

So you saying the Owner or CEO were picking the side or at least choosing which players Lambert could or couldn't use?

Is Lambert happy to work in conditions like that? Not many people would stand for that?

So you saying the Owner or CEO were picking the side or at least choosing which players Lambert could or couldn't use?

Is Lambert happy to work in conditions like that? Not many people would stand for that?

That's exactly what you're saying too, just the other way round.

Yes I am saying that. I fully admit that I don't KNOW that, it's just a hunch I have from the information we've been given around the situation. Which isn't much.

You've avoided the question, predictably. Have you got ANYTHING to back up what you've said? Or have you just made it up?

Edited by Stevo985

Yes I am saying that. I fully admit that I don't KNOW that, it's just a hunch I have from the information we've been given around the situation. Which isn't much.

You've avoided the question, predictably. Have you got ANYTHING to back up what you've said? Or have you just made it up?

The only evidence I have is Lamberts own words when he said all footballing decisions are his and that the 'young and hungry was his idea. I also remember Faulkner saying the same thing?

I honestly don't believe there is a manager out there who would let the Board controll the side that gets on the pitch and a lot of managers out there have quit at the first signs of such influence?

My hunch based on what has been said?

The only evidence I have is Lamberts own words when he said all footballing decisions are his and that the 'young and hungry was his idea. I also remember Faulkner saying the same thing?

I honestly don't believe there is a manager out there who would let the Board controll the side that gets on the pitch and a lot of managers out there have quit at the first signs of such influence?

My hunch based on what has been said?

Right, so then he hasn't been told to play them or not either way? 

He wasn't told to create the bomb squad in the first place and he wasn't told to dismantle it this season? 

Even though you said he was told to play them, but can't actually support that claim?! 

97d000a02b211e0f7613ff78ccbab95a0b76ff3b

Â