Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

N'Zogbia would be an absolute star in a top team. Unfortunately for him he has played for shite Newcastle, Wigan and Villa teams. It must be soul-destroying for him to always get the ball for us, back to goal, having to turn, beat 4 players and then see Gabby and Weimann in the box to put the ball in the net.

If he really had the ability to play for a 'top' team he would have been snapped up by one, it's as simple as that.

Yes because you're automatically not a top player if you don't play for a top team. That's never happened before. Downing went to a "top" team and failed. Zog has more talent in his fingernail than Downing.

Look I believe in and love Zog, VT doesn't and that won't change. But we always need a scapegoat. I would go as far as to say he's been our best player this season. Yet gets 90% of criticism.

Yes because you're automatically not a top player if you don't play for a top team. That's never happened before. Downing went to a "top" team and failed. Zog has more talent in his fingernail than Downing.

Look I believe in and love Zog, VT doesn't and that won't change. But we always need a scapegoat. I would go as far as to say he's been our best player this season. Yet gets 90% of criticism.

And yet, for whatever reason, the entire top-tier of European football has missed out on signing N'Zogbia.  Hmmmm.

I'm not sure N'Zogbia is ever really a scapegoat to be honest.  The guy has some ability, but rarely shows it and often looks sluggish.  He's worth a shot given the Benteke situation, but is on something like £60k/wk(?) and is absolutely nowhere near worth it.

N'Zogbia would be an absolute star in a top team. Unfortunately for him he has played for shite Newcastle, Wigan and Villa teams. It must be soul-destroying for him to always get the ball for us, back to goal, having to turn, beat 4 players and then see Gabby and Weimann in the box to put the ball in the net.

If he really had the ability to play for a 'top' team he would have been snapped up by one, it's as simple as that.

Very rarely do absolute top players not play for 'top' teams at some point in their careers. N'Zogbia must be approaching 30 and has never played for a top side because top sides recognise that he is no where near good enough. 

...and as far as that comment about Downing is concerned I can only LOL, Downing may not be a top player but he's certainly a lot better than N'Zogbia, it's not even close, Downing has end product, N'Zogbia does not. 

I am a Zog supporter but dear me, that statement is shocking.

Downing was class for us, and has been abolute **** class this season.

Really have you seen the way Downing is performing at West Ham this season. Downing is a much maligned player. He has pace, vision, no little skill and is two footed. He was our best player by a mile in his final season with us. It just didn't work out at Liverpool for whatever reason...

• Like 1

That's pretty much it. At times he demonstrates that he does possess a fair amount of ability but unfortunately not on anything like a consistant enough basis to actually earn a move to a 'top team'.

i think that is debatable to tbh stevo, he was brillinat at wigan and kept them up himself. we need that n zoggy back

He wasn't brilliant at Wigan.

He was pretty good. And at that time Stewart Downing was being excellent for us.

• Like 1

Ive got nothing against the zog at all, but its seems like he just doesnt really know whats he's doing next.  A lot of the time when he goes past people it bounces of them or looks like a bit of a fluke.  Also he runs down dead ends and into people far too much.  Yes sometimes it does come off and look amazing but how is the opponent meant to guess what the zogs going to do when he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do himself.  

As for his record at Wigan and keeping them up - I've go no idea about the rest of the season(s) he had there but was it just a lucky 4/5 games where he put in a few goals? If it was I would love him to have that lucky run again right now. 

N'Zogbia has never been a better player than Stewart Downing.

I agree.  To me it makes a mockery of the comments at the time we sold Downing and Young and bought him that we were getting the better deal

Â