Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

My main point is it seems silly to criticise a player in his first game back after a long term injury.

And that I can agree with. Well, at least mostly agree with. When it comes to Zog he seems to have had the same faults as he had before the injury. Again, didn't see the game, just a few pre-season games. Anyway, I can agree with that and he deserves more chances, but maybe from the bench, if you know what I mean.

So, I guess the whole discussion we had probably was quite unnecessary. :) Over all I think it's quite unfair to compare a 28 year old with hundreds of games behind him to a 21 year old with just a few games. To both of them. But I can see where you come from in that comparison.

Yeah in different circumstances I wouldn't compare them because you're right, we would and should be more patient with a young kid starting his career back in the prem.  Maybe Okore was a bad example to use, I was just a bit surprised that nzogbia was getting a bit of stick, his first game back after such a long term injury.  I also agree with some of the criticism aimed at him but i feel he as attributes others in our squad don't have and I think he can be an important player for us this season.

My main point is it seems silly to criticise a player in his first game back after a long term injury.

Whatever the age or experience of a player if they are out injured for over twelve months they will not be at full speed on their first competitive game!

I'd speculate that he was in the Bomb squad, due to losing his number. If Benteke or Okore etc had got injured earlier, and been out for the season, no way would they have lost their shirt number. There wasn't much love about getting him back to fitness. 

Agreed, thought he looked decent today.  Exactly what we have been missing, a player who wants to run at people and has the confidence to do it and take a shot now and then.  Quality free kick too, unlucky not to score.

He did well in first half. Looked very tired at start of second and started to do stupid things because of it. Really hope he can get fully fit and stay it, quickly.

I think that goes for a couple of them but playing will make them stronger. I think he got took off early because of his booking and his legs were going and looked like he might get sent off. I'd play him Wednesday with Cole and Grealish behind Bent that's some creativity there.

• Like 1

He did well in first half. Looked very tired at start of second and started to do stupid things because of it. Really hope he can get fully fit and stay it, quickly.

I think that goes for a couple of them but playing will make them stronger. I think he got took off early because of his booking and his legs were going and looked like he might get sent off. I'd play him Wednesday with Cole and Grealish behind Bent that's some creativity there.

Allot of flair in them 3. Not sure we could cope with 3 of them on pitch at same time just yet.

I had one eye on the game today was he tiring? Thought he was looking OK, certainly more threatening than Richardson who stayed on a bit longer than him.

Very positive player, sometimes too much so. Without his nice turn v Stoke, we'd have two 0-0's so far.

I thought he was miles better than last week. I would play him mid week just to get his fitness and confidence going against a weaker opposition.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

still off fitness and off the pace for me, but he needs to play to sort that out so it's a bit of a catch 22. It's good we are giving him the chance and he must be showing something in training, the free kick was a whisker away from winning us the game I suppose too. Hopefully we can get him back to his best, even then though he will frustrate running down a blind alley or two with his head down, he has good qualities though and hopefully when he's in better shape/form he'll be an asset.

Don't rate him, don't think I ever will. Spends too much time looking at his feet and makes the wrong decision far too frequently.

Yep too much of a head down runner and his decision making is poor, he never releases the ball at the right time and seldom chooses the best option. 

He's capable but just not consistent and doesn't quite have the intelligence on the ball. 

Don't rate him, don't think I ever will. Spends too much time looking at his feet and makes the wrong decision far too frequently.

Yet he is still better than our other attacking options available at the moment, that's a sad story.

Â