Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I wish football could start follow a more NFL-like wage policy..

Or better yet, NHL. Cap roof, no chance of signing a dreamteam for 2 billion quid, set budget and limits on wages. Makes growing your own talent on longer, smaller contracts worthwhile. Who's left at City as their own talent now? Richards?

Dunno about the NHL but the NFL system only really works with the NFL because no one gets relegated or promoted. Would be really hard to implement here because the PL interacts with so many other leagues - how could you come to an agreement over where the cap should be. If it's too high the Premier League would get disconnected from the Championship and if it's too low would English teams be able to compete in Europe?

• Like 1

We have options now, options that Lambert has bought in.

Unless we have an injury nightmare I doubt we will see him again TBH.

That's how I see it, I reckon he's on substantial wages probably £50k a week considering we paid about £9mil and how good he was towards the end of Wigan's season he'd be able to demand that money. He's worth about half of that figure & I can see why Lambert would have wanted rid of him, I reckon he would be one of the easier ones to get rid of though.

I think Charles is worth keeping in our squad. I hope he hasn't been forzen out as I think he can offer something. He is probably on more than most at the moment but, think we can make one exception from the McLeish signings?

I think he is a cool guy too.

How many goals has he managed? 4 in the league vs. Blackburn (1-1), QPR (2-2), West Ham (2-1), Fulham (1-1) all great goals btw, a tap in against City in the Cup and a debut goal in a preseason game against Braga my memory serves. Not enough for an attacking midfielder.

I liked him but in reflection, we'd all agree hes been a waste of money.

I think Nzogbia in a decent side like we are now is a real talent. He has that certain ability to do something magical. I like him as a player.

Agreed. He's unpredictable and erratic and capable of producing something out of the ordinary. I'd hope Lambert can harness that to our advantage when he's fit.

Never new he is Jo Wilfried Tsonga's cousin, I like him more after finding this out for some reason I'm not sure of

I wonder if he can play tennis better than he plays football lol. Actually Tsonga flatters to deceive like a lot of French players

Needs to get the Mcleish ghost out of his head. This has ruined him - a manager telling him not to attack. Someone needs to find his reset button.

I can see that someone being Martinez at Everton. I don't think he has a future here unfortunately. 

Â