Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I'm trying to think why don't we try him in the other wing "Weimann's place" if we stuck with him ?! Could offer us something else ?

Not sure moving him to a different piece of grass will help him delivery well timed passes, stop running down blind alleys, and become less lazy (amongst other things).

Hull and Crystal Palace interested apparently, according to the Metro.

Interested for when, exactly? He's out for a long time, like many months, so I can't see any club being interested at the moment.

I'm trying to think why don't we try him in the other wing "Weimann's place" if we stuck with him ?! Could offer us something else ?

He's played just about all over the place and it's not where he plays that's the problem. It's how he plays.

Hull and Crystal Palace interested apparently, according to the Metro.

Interested for when, exactly? He's out for a long time, like many months, so I can't see any club being interested at the moment.

He's played just about all over the place and it's not where he plays that's the problem. It's how he plays.

/quote]

......we bought an injured player in Downing?

tbf .. this guy is unlucky somehow .. first season under eck .. next season changing a whole team .. 

And one thing make me really think he good do a good job while he's covered from the midfield trio ..

Anyway he's the most productive member of the bomb squad .. And a one who we could get 3m of him ..

Saying all that .. I'm not with his staying .. I'm just saying if we stuck with him .. he could do a good job I reckon if he found cover from : Westwood , Sylla and Delph (Or Bacuna) ..

• 4 weeks later...

He's ruptured his achilles tendon apparently. Now in the running world that's usually anywhere between three to six months before they can start a proper training regime again.

He'll probably be able to do some light training after three months but the loss of fitness and form will take considerably longer. In any case, I think there is more to this than just an injury. I honestly believe we wont be seeing him in a Villa shirt again.

what was downings injury when we signed him?

but then again, only villa would sign an injured player in the first place, we clearly arent going to shift him this window, maybe in january, but he clearly has no use here no more, weve tried, but had nothing from him, but coming to villa just wasnt for him and wants to go back to a club were he will look like the most outstanding player there? like wigan?

Achilles injury is serious folks, it's not a couple of weeks recovery.

Curtis Davies suffered one in March 2008 against Arsenal and managed to play in the first game of the next season. That was a very quick recovery for the injury and even then it was 5 months so I don't expect to see N'zogbia until xmas.

what was downings injury when we signed him?

but then again, only villa would sign an injured player in the first place, we clearly arent going to shift him this window, maybe in january, but he clearly has no use here no more, weve tried, but had nothing from him, but coming to villa just wasnt for him and wants to go back to a club were he will look like the most outstanding player there? like wigan?

broken foot........ironically caused by the great stiliyan petrov

yeh id be keen on keeping him too, aslong as he can learn to keep his head up a bit more, think hes one of those players whos feet work quicker then his head. If he gets fit and learns to work better than the team i think he deserves a proper go. If he doesnt sort the issues out we need to get rid though, whats his wages like? anyone know?

Â