Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I think he is rubbish, I thought he was rubbish before we signed him and I've seen nothing from him since we signed him to change my mind. A complete and utter waste of money.

Pretty much this - with the exception that our squad is pretty short on quality and Nzog does have that - and was better than last season than in any time in his villa career. If the squad was brimming with quality his departure wouldn't concern me - however to decimate the squad further seems a dangerous game to play.

I thought he had it hard last season, injured a lot of it, and when he was inform, so to were AW and Gabby who got picked ahead of him....

If you go back and watch some of the games, he made some key passes that lead to quite a few goals, e.g. Norwich in the cup, West Ham, QPR (actually made the difference coming)...

Interestingly, he's highlighted here in the list of "outs":

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-squad-numbers-revealed-5316171

Maybe it's not a sure fire thing he's being flogged?

I rate N'Zogbia to a degree, though he has a touch of the Darren Bents about him. When he's not "on" you may as well have him running the line. He's too inconsistent to start regularly but I am surprised at the manner of him being "bombed".

I think he has things to offer that the other members of that particular squad do not. The ability to come on and change a game with a flick of his boot.

I'm disappointed. But they HAVE been give squad numbers, which suggests that *maybe* not all is lost.

don't think anyone will buy him crocked. so he might get a last chance at redemption when he gets fit again. he'll have to be twice the player though to break back in to the first team. not saying he's nto capable, we just ahven't really seen it in a claret and blue shirt yet.

I think he is rubbish, I thought he was rubbish before we signed him and I've seen nothing from him since we signed him to change my mind. A complete and utter waste of money.

Pretty much this - with the exception that our squad is pretty short on quality and Nzog does have that - and was better than last season than in any time in his villa career. If the squad was brimming with quality his departure wouldn't concern me - however to decimate the squad further seems a dangerous game to play.

I would have been happy to see him leave this summer and had he not injured himself I rather suspect he would have been another player being encouraged to find a new club. As it is we are stuck with him for another year at least.

He isn't available to the squad and won't be until well into the new year.

The Charles n'zogbia guide to football

Get ball, run forward, see pass available to team mate. Dismiss this pass, keep ball. Keep running forward. See another pass to unmarked team mate, ignore, keep ball and run head first into an oposition defender. Lose ball. Stand with hand on hips looking pissed off.

• Like 3

The Charles n'zogbia guide to football

Get ball, run forward, see pass available to team mate. Dismiss this pass, keep ball. Keep running forward. See another pass to unmarked team mate, ignore, keep ball and run head first into an oposition defender. Lose ball. Stand with hand on hips looking pissed off.

Similar to the Milan Baros approach, although he preferred to dribble into corners.

I would have been happy to see him leave this summer and had he not injured himself I rather suspect he would have been another player being encouraged to find a new club. As it is we are stuck with him for another year at least.

He isn't available to the squad and won't be until well into the new year.

what the hell did he injure?

If his wages weren't so high i'd keep him because he can offer something. They're not though so he needs to go

I can't see what he offers us though, he has a good left foot but never crosses, he has ability to take on players but always tries to take on too many so he loses the ball.

We will be lucky to get a third of our outlay back on him.

Yet another player I was excited when we signed and apart from a few good games here and there has been a big disappointment.

That said I'm surprised he's been demoted as he was always involved in the 18 when fit last season. Maybe the injury's that bad he'll struggle to play again this season?

This club and termperemental attacking players don't really go well together do they, Sasa Curcic, Ginola, Ireland, N'zogbia, even Merson looked like being in that category for 18 months.

Yet another player I was excited when we signed and apart from a few good games here and there has been a big disappointment.

That said I'm surprised he's been demoted as he was always involved in the 18 when fit last season. Maybe the injury's that bad he'll struggle to play again this season?

This club and termperemental attacking players don't really go well together do they, Sasa Curcic, Ginola, Ireland, N'zogbia, even Merson looked like being in that category for 18 months.

I'm calling bollocks on Merson. He struggled for maybe 3 months.

• Like 1

I just wonder if anyone has a clue about "Injuries!" wether it's the club who calls the shots or the insurance company. I guess it's the club, so IMOP N'Zog wages are covered till he is fit to play, althought he did have his mishap during a holiday so i guess we might have to look at sueing Butlins. 

Achilles tendon apparently, doing some kind of exercise regime on holiday. A bit dubious if you ask me.

That may be a bit harsh. On a holiday in May/June there was a pro footballer in the same hotel as us and he did a 1 - 2 hour run everyday to stay in shape, and you never saw him scoffing the bacon etc at breakfast or putting away the lager at night despite it being all inclusive. Apparently Charlie-boy hurt himself on a run, so maybe he was being a good pro and was unlucky.

Still want rid of the overpaid eejit though.

Â