Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Put it this way, if Wigan beat Swansea, and Norwich beat WBA and Sunderland beat Southampton and Newcastle beat QPR and we lose to Chelsea I will be a nervous wreck on a week Sunday.

Having read the last 5 pages of this thread. I am none the wiser!

One minute I am confident that one of our rivals must screw it up, then the next I am filled with trepidation and surprised the odds on us being relegated are so long. As they say football's a funny old game: WBA should not have lost to Wigan last weekend, Stoke should have hammered Sunderland last night and so on

If Wigan lose tonight we are home and dry, but I cannot see Swansea being up for it. I would love us to get a result against Chelsea but just cannot see it with them wanting to secure third place. Even if they beat Spurs, Arsenal can still pip them for 3rd place, so they will be coming to us fired up.

Hate to say it but I still believe it will come down to us and Wigan on the last day :(

I have to agree, but what would be fantastic is IF both Wigan and us only need 1 point to stay up! That might just help us keep a clean sheet!

Having read the last 5 pages of this thread. I am none the wiser!

One minute I am confident that one of our rivals must screw it up, then the next I am filled with trepidation and surprised the odds on us being relegated are so long. As they say football's a funny old game: WBA should not have lost to Wigan last weekend, Stoke should have hammered Sunderland last night and so on

If Wigan lose tonight we are home and dry, but I cannot see Swansea being up for it. I would love us to get a result against Chelsea but just cannot see it with them wanting to secure third place. Even if they beat Spurs, Arsenal can still pip them for 3rd place, so they will be coming to us fired up.

Hate to say it but I still believe it will come down to us and Wigan on the last day :(

I have to agree, but what would be fantastic is IF both Wigan and us only need 1 point to stay up! That might just help us keep a clean sheet!

Now that is something I havent considered! If that was the case it will be a very strange atmosphere when we go there!!

I reckon if there is an early goal tonight it'll mean a Wigan win, just like the baggies game the last day the play becomes far more open when a goal is scored and it works to their advantage, i fear that if even Swansea went 1-0 up early on that Wigan would still come out on top. 0-0 as long as possible hopefully.

A play off against Newcastle ?

Are people just making stuff up now

Get out of the sun and sit in the shade and take some fluids on board

Someone was just pointing out a scenario that could happen - it's very unlikely to happen, but it's interesting to mention it and make people aware of the playoff scenario - a rule that probably isn't well known or has ever come in to practice. If we lose to Chelsea and they draw their next game it will certainly be a talking point!

A play off against Newcastle ?

Are people just making stuff up now

Get out of the sun and sit in the shade and take some fluids on board

Someone was just pointing out a scenario that could happen - it's very unlikely to happen, but it's interesting to mention it and make people aware of the playoff scenario - a rule that probably isn't well known or has ever come in to practice. If we lose to Chelsea and they draw their next game it will certainly be a talking point!

Especially if both results are 1-0

Anyone know who the ref is tonight ?

It's that clearing in the woods Kevin Friend. You know, the moron who gave us the most inept performance ever by a referee this season at home to QPR.

He's certainly no friend of mine!

Shit refs............we alway's get shit refs!

People who are banging on that Norwich will definitely win WBA...did you even see our game against Norwich? They had only one good chance in the whole game and that was Holt's header in the very end. They're gonna get draw at best from WBA and won't definitely get anything from Man City.

Sunderland will also finish below us as they won't win Southampton and won't get even draw from Spurs.

Michu out for Swansea. Huge Blow. Wigan win their game in hand their only 2 points behind. We lose to Chelsea and they lose to Arsenal. Their 2 points behind us on the final day. Scary stuff.

Maybe with Michu out.. our former youth star Luke Moore will step up...... Go on son.

wigan are also the sort of dicks that do stuff like lose tonight and get us all excited and then turn arsenal over and get 3 points there!

we could do with southampton doing the mackems, qpr beating newcastle and albion doing norwich really! well even one or two of those three would be nice.