Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Arsenal hammering Wigan could be great.  I imagine Wigan will play an open game at Arsenal so will be prone to conceding.

Exactly. Wigan are Arsenal-lite. It's the worst thing to play a team who do what you do better. Although Arsenal have slightly changed their system since losing RVP. They've gone slightly more orthodox with Podolski and/or Giroud (who I know will be out). I'd still expect Arsenal to handle them easily though because Wenger will know fine well how to counteract a system that he's fairly au fait with.

As i said last night Sunderland are awful. Only graham is ever in the box, and he is yet to score. I was shocked to see the reaction from sky and the sunderland fans regarding the result. They do realise how close they are to the bottom 3? They celebrated like they were close to the top 4. Ok they had 10 men, but the goal was from a set play. Stoke are awful, and there goal was a set play too. Put it this way, If bennett was sent off against norwich but we got a point, this forum would be in meltdown if villa sat on 38 points. But for Sunderland who were at home this is a great result?  

I think the fact they were 1-0 down and only had 10 men, the Sunderland fans saw it as a positive result, however before the game they would have been hoping for 3 points because they are depending on beating Southampton now. 1 Point against Southampton puts them at the mercy of other results. Mind you Tottenham might be out of the race for the top 4 by the final game.

Edited by PaulC

This thread is like one giant vortex, repetitive posts going round and round in circles, sucking everything in its way - logic, reason, composure, facts and common sense.

Anyway I can see what's going to happen tonight, I'll bust my balls to make it home in time to watch and no sooner I'll walk in the door Maloney (or similar) will skip his way into the box, fall over his own shadow and Friend will award a pen and send their keeper off

Wigan 3 points nailed on this

This thread is like one giant vortex, repetitive posts going round and round in circles, sucking everything in its way - logic, reason, composure, facts and common sense. 
Anyway I can see what's going to happen tonight, I'll bust my balls to make it home in time to watch and no sooner I'll walk in the door Maloney (or similar) will skip his way into the box, fall over his own shadow and Friend will award a pen and send their keeper off 
Wigan 3 points nailed on this

• Like 2

"Do you wan't to look lik a complete bunch of muppets tonight in front of a watching National audience? No! Well bloody go out there & prove it to me then!"

That's what I hope Laudrup says to his players just prior to kick off this evening.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich for me. 

Newcastle can get out of it with a win at QPR, they lose that then jesus! They are going to be shitting it next weekend!

Sunderland are struggling, but I can see them picking up on more win

Norwich started the game off well against us, but I always thought we'd get something out of the game which is worrying for them. They didnt strike up many chances and need to reverse their form, and quick!

I can see Wigan winning tonight. I hope they dont, but they are flying atm and a win will surely get a handful of supporters truely shitting themselves!

1 more point for us, and we'll be safe. I hope we get it at chelsea so that we can enjoy the sunshine on the final day of the season, but I can see us being in the battle on the final day of the season - you know, one of the teams who could go down if another 4 results go against them!

As i said last night Sunderland are awful. Only graham is ever in the box, and he is yet to score. I was shocked to see the reaction from sky and the sunderland fans regarding the result. They do realise how close they are to the bottom 3? They celebrated like they were close to the top 4. Ok they had 10 men, but the goal was from a set play. Stoke are awful, and there goal was a set play too. Put it this way, If bennett was sent off against norwich but we got a point, this forum would be in meltdown if villa sat on 38 points. But for Sunderland who were at home this is a great result?  

The hardest thing about watching that game last night was Sunderland thinking Danny Graham was Theo or Gabby, jesus every single pass they played the man! Adam Johnson should have only agreed to a loan move he's ruined his career by joining them if you ask me. I'd much rather be a super sub at title winning City in a team with a few world class players than be the best of a bad bunch at Sunderland. I wonder where Sunderland's goals will come from the next day, the remaining available players have 13 Premier League goals between them, Southampton aren't bad from set plays either so I think they will struggle. No Rose then last day of the season vs Spurs.

The hardest thing about watching that game last night was Sunderland thinking Danny Graham was Theo or Gabby, jesus every single pass they played the man! Adam Johnson should have only agreed to a loan move he's ruined his career by joining them if you ask me. I'd much rather be a super sub at title winning City in a team with a few world class players than be the best of a bad bunch at Sunderland. I wonder where Sunderland's goals will come from the next day, the remaining available players have 13 Premier League goals between them, Southampton aren't bad from set plays either so I think they will struggle. No Rose then last day of the season vs Spurs.

Yep Danny Rose and Adam Johnson were their best two players against Stoke. All they need is for Johnson to get injured against Southampton and they will have zero creativity in their last game.

My opinion of Danny Rose has changed. I saw him as just another not-quite-good-enough Spurs reject in the last chance Premier League saloon when he went to Sunderland, but he has shown me recently that he can quite comfortably do a job in the Premier League. I'm not sure last night's commentator was right when he said he could go back and do a job at Spurs. I think their sights are a little higher than him, but even the suggestion of that shows that he certainly has a future in the PL, even if Sunderland don't ... ;)

With each of Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland having very tough final games, the pressure on them will be huge this weekend as they will all see these games as ones they HAVE to win. A draw really doesn't help any of them either. Have they got the bottle for it ?

Edited by Biskitt

Swansea XI to face Wigan: Vorm, Tiendalli, Williams, Monk, Davies, Britton, De Guzman, Routledge, Rangel, Hernandez, Shechter.

Monk? where is Chico?

Also where is Moore?

Very worrisome line-up. Doesn't look like they want to win.

That's a less than inspiring lineup from the Swans.

Shechter hasn't scored for them in 6 starts and 10 sub appearances.

Hope they're up for this and have something to prove rather than going through the motions.