Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The PL exec must be over the moon with the relegation battle this year. Without this the league has been dull as dishwater .

What a couple of weeks this is going to be.

Ps. I think Lampard will be rested on Saturday as they'll keep him fresh for the final.

There seems to be an idea that Swansea are 'on the beach'. This is the team that have just drawn at home to Manchester City.

Another team who are on the beach!

2 teams with nothing to play for drawing 0-0. Crazy!

Lots of people talking about Sunderland and Newcastle - but Norwich have West Brom at home this weekend. If they fail to win that then they'll have to get something out of Man City away to go above us, assuming we don't pick up any more points.

Norwich are probably looking the worst team of the lot too. Needed a dodgy penalty decision to score at home against us - the worst defence in the league.

I think we will get a point v Chelsea but if we get beat its vital we don't let the flood gates open and avoid a rout - fight for every goal.

If Wigan need to beat us on that last day for us to go down or for them to stay up we want them to have to do it by 2 or more goals.

WBA will roll over for Norwich

Yep! My fear too. 

The only shock result from the freakish set of results that will keep us out of the mire by next week is if we beat Chelsea.

Norwich are faves

Wigan are faves

Newc are faves

Sunderland will be faves and then Saints will be faves v Stoke.

They are all v possible.

I don't get this teams rolling for one another, it's a myth. Liverpool had sod all to play for but smashed Newcastle for 6, did Sunderland have nothing to play for when they played us? Sometimes its harder playing the teams who have no pressure, no fear. WBA will lose tonight, do you really think they'll want to go to Norwich and lose a 3rd on the bounce. Remember last season, when WBA had nothing to play for at Bolton? That result effectively killed Bolton, what about Stoke on the last game of the season. I will sound like PL but no game is 'easy'.

Go around a few other clubs forums, they are all going on that predictor and relegating their own club!

Get out of town! Your joking?

According to Villa fans all other relegation rivals are going to win with maximum points. Saying that..

It would be very very handy if Wigan lost tonight, but they're not going to are they? Superman Michael Laudrup has his team not too fussed, Wigan will being seeing this game as a must win and right off the Arse game.

Dont believe any of this saving themselves for the final nonsense.

WBA will roll over for Norwich

Yep! My fear too. 

The only shock result from the freakish set of results that will keep us out of the mire by next week is if we beat Chelsea.

Norwich are faves

Wigan are faves

Newc are faves

Sunderland will be faves and then Saints will be faves v Stoke.

They are all v possible.

How did your prediction go for yesterdays game?

Ah god did everyone know that west brom are playing away at man city tonight **** I hope their not fecked come the weekend game

So Chelsea are playing tomorrow, after playing on Sun. They play again on Sat before a Europa Final.

I don't get this teams rolling for one another, it's a myth. Liverpool had sod all to play for but smashed Newcastle for 6, did Sunderland have nothing to play for when they played us? Sometimes its harder playing the teams who have no pressure, no fear. WBA will lose tonight, do you really think they'll want to go to Norwich and lose a 3rd on the bounce. Remember last season, when WBA had nothing to play for at Bolton? That result effectively killed Bolton, what about Stoke on the last game of the season. I will sound like PL but no game is 'easy'.

Totally agree.

Teams simply do not roll over regardless of anything. For evidence go back to the last day of the '95 season. Liverpool were playing Blackburn at Anfield and if Liverpool lost they would have denied United the title and Blackburn, managed by Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish, would have won it. Did Liverpool roll over? No. Quite the opposite. They beat Blackburn 2-1, which risked gifting the title to United (albeit Blackburn still won because United couldn't beat West Ham).

Put simply, no team rolls over.

Ok perhaps "roll over" is a poor term. However

Compare WBA 3-0 Liverpool from aug/sept

No way will WBA play with the same intensity and tempo as they did in that game this coming Saturday or indeed the 2nd half they had against us is Jan

Sunderland to beat Stoke

Wigan to beat swans

Sunderland draw with Saints

Newc to beat qpr

Chelsea to beat us

and

Norwich to beat WBA

A 13/1 accumulator. Not exactly massive

You set up this didn't you? So at the first hurdle you lost your bet.

Ok perhaps "roll over" is a poor term. However

Compare WBA 3-0 Liverpool from aug/sept

No way will WBA play with the same intensity and tempo as they did in that game this coming Saturday or indeed the 2nd half they had against us is Jan

What to the one that beat Soton away? Did they get hammered to Wigan? They lost 3-2 and in reality they should have been out of sight in first 30mins.