Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Go down and we miss out on this.......

The existing TV deals, which run to the end of this season, themselves marked a huge increase in overseas income from £650m for the previous three years to around £1.4bn for 2010 to 2013. In total the current deals are worth around £3.5bn, meaning that the Premier League clubs are on course to collectively achieve an uplift of more than £500m a year.

And then if we do come back up straight away won't it be more difficult to stay up? As all existing teams will have had two lots of that extra cash.

It would be a long term disaster to go down.

I was thinking that myself when looking at the table.

Of the teams around us we have looked by far and away the worst of the bunch in recent weeks. QPR and reading both picking up points now as well.

I said this on the way home from the game yesterday. I fear we will finish bottom because it's currently looking like three from us, Wigan, QPR, Southampton & Reading. We've played five games against those relegation rivals this season and taken 4 points from 15. I can honestly see QPR overhauling us too. They just played back to back fixtures against Chelsea away and Spurs at home, conceding 0 and scoring 1 - taking 4 out of 6 points. From those same two back to back fixtures we conceded 12 and scored 0 - taking 0 points in the process. That says everything for me!

And then if we do come back up straight away won't it be more difficult to stay up? As all existing teams will have had two lots of that extra cash.

It would be a long term disaster to go down.

I don't think we would come straight back. I can see a Leeds Man City type decline. Hopefully it will also end with Arab owners!

I'm thinking of more along the lines of Coventry

Nah we're bigger than that. Coventry is a scummy town with scummy fans and deserve to be where they are. Nottingham forest could be a worrying comparison though although we are much bigger than them too.

**** to the league cup as we won't be able to do **** all in the european competition next season with this shambles.

We would be out in the first qualifying stage against some group of, dentists, doctors, bin men and mechanics from some dark corner of the globe that no one has heard of that make up there football team so no point going for it in the 2nd leg. Just let it be 0-0 and let them have a chance of winning the cup.

They have worked harder for it than us and it shames me to say this but we don't deserve to be in the final!

RANDY HAS 18 DAYS TO SAVE THIS CLUB FROM DISASTER!

I also agree someone very soon has to come out and say something.. whether it be Lambert, Faulkner, Charles, Lerner and never mind all this bullshit RL don't like to be in the lime light we im sorry but as the owner of this football club it is no time for hide and seek.

A statement needs to be released with the intentions of this club in the next 18 days because if he cannot be arsed to invest and save this club then why the **** should we the fans pay this clown any more money to watch the on going disaster unfold! Boycotting could be on the cards!

Yowsers!

You seem to have made the move along the 5 stages of grief from denial into anger.

I think I'm at depression myself, coming to terms with acceptance.

Nah we're bigger than that. Coventry is a scummy town with scummy fans and deserve to be where they are. Nottingham forest could be a worrying comparison though although we are much bigger than them too.

Everyone seems to forget Forest bounced straight back when they were first relegated back in 92/93. Leeds are an outlier, the club was absolutely decimated.

How about other examples? How about Newcastle, West Brom, even the scum despite not being able to make it stick. Even a smaller club like Reading have shown it can be done.

We've been there before, we will be again. Yes it's a worry, but it's part of the game and a part of our history and future.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if we didn't get relegated, as we have played like shit for the last few years and we probably deserve to go down. I really do worry about us playing in the Championship next season, as most of our midfielders are too light weight for the Premier League never mind the Championship. Bannan, Albrighton, and Delph are too weak and small to play in the Championship and as Randy doesn't seem too fussed about spending cash to stay in the Premier League and I'm sure even less of a shit would be given to the Championship. Worrying times ahead for the Villa.

I also think we are going down. I think the damage has been done.

We have played 22 games and amassed a pitiful 19 points.

We only have 16 games left to play.

We have the worst goal difference in the league.

Does anyone seriously think we are going to even get to that 40 point 'safe' total?

I don't.

I also think we are going down. I think the damage has been done.

We have played 22 games and amassed a pitiful 19 points.

We only have 16 games left to play.

We have the worst goal difference in the league.

Does anyone seriously think we are going to even get to that 40 point 'safe' total?

I don't.

Obviously a lot depends on who we bring in if anyone, who stays fit and what effect Vlaar & Dunne have now they are both back this month

Obviously a lot depends on who we bring in if anyone, who stays fit and what effect Vlaar & Dunne have now they are both back this month

Lots of rumours of Dunne going by the end of January, shall have to wait and see!

Will be good to get Vlaar back as I think he looks a really decent defender and will help the team.

As for relegation I am unsure atm I think we need to sign at least 3 quality players by the end of the month.

I think Reading and Wigan will go down, The 3rd team from either QPR, Villa, Southampton, Sunderland or Newcastle.

If we should get relegated, and I hope to God we don't, then Randy Lerner, Paul Faulkner and Paul Lambert will have presided over something that no other owner, CEO and Manager has ever achieved, the loss of our PL status.

Not even deadly Doug and the many management structures in place during his time at VP ever managed that disgraceful situation.

If the worst should occur then we could likely see a major supporter backlash against those responsible.

It's not a question of whether we get relegated or not, it's a question of whether there will be a single team below us by May.

+1

im convinced we are going down, 3 points off reading, 5 off QPR, i think us finishing bottom is more realistic than us staying up at the moment

I didn't think we would go down, as we were playing (quite) well but not picking up the points we deserved. We even managed to pick up a few points when we weren't (QPR, Reading) and coupled with the Liverpool victory I thought things were about to turn round and we'd then push for mid-table.

However we're now completely devoid of confidence at the back and in midfield, and desperately lacking real quality that can see us through a bad game. I believe the next few games are vital (including the Cup Semi Final) a point against WBA and a win in the cup semi final could turn our season around by revitalising the confidence of the squad.

A couple of big signings, showing the clubs support for Lambert would also help massively although I can't see us spending much, if at all.