Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We are a team which has the hallmarks of one going down, no luck at all

luck has nothing to do with it. our defending is awful. our front line carries a lot of threat but all three of evertons goals were a result of really bad defending. if you can't keep the ball out of your net you are **** as we keep seeing every week. Edited by KHV

We are a team which has the hallmarks of one going down, no luck at all

We are a team that is crap with an awful manager, nothing to do with luck.

Just to give a small ounce of hope, next week-

We are at home to West Ham (winnable)

Wigan are away at Chelsea

Southampton host Man City

Reading are away at Stoke

We need city & Chelsea to give em a serious **** over by at least 3 or 4 goals

But knowing our luck all these result will go against us

Edited by dakid007

Having slept on it (Kind of) it just looks now as the Everton draw was a very good point in reality but has also highlighted that we need really around 4 goals to win a game due to how shockingly bad the defence is.

That is undoable in the Premier League so sadly, i fear we are doomed.. despite what was really a good point. We have 39 points left to play for & we need around 18,19 or 20. So we can lose no more than 19 or 20 points from here on in...

Thing is 4 losses & 4 draws has us losing 20 points!.. thats a scary thought!

Though 5 wins & 4 draws takes us to 40 points!

4 weeks ago people were still adamant of a cup final and a mid-table finish. We just don't seem to improve. I think the Eveton result was promising, if you look at the whole game it's 2 points dropped but i would have taken a point before hand. We are more than capable of stringing together a run similar to how Southampton, Sunderland, Newcastle and Reading have, we just need ours to run a little longer than the teams around us. I don't think QPR will get out of it and I think Reading have worse players than us. After that, i would have thought that this could finally be the year Wigan have had it. Then there is us. 3 of those 4 is what i reckon, with Southampton also a possibility but a slim one. Not strengthening any more than they did could potentially cost them.

Chelsea deserve a lot of credit when we go down, Benitez mission to relegate us as revenge for the Barry saga is going brilliantly.

Considering the dogs abuse he got from Villa fans over the years I thought Rafa was a gent after our spanking. He said very complimentary things about the team and went out of his way to ease the pain as much as he could.

I remain grateful to him for that, he could have put the boot in.

The one hope we have is that we are showing we can get ahead in games. Therefore if we are ever able to sort out our defending it is possible for us to get on some kind of run in the way Reading have in the last few weeks.

I'm pinning all my hopes on them peaking too early and us finding some semblance of form.

As others have said biggest hurt from getting relegated will be losing Benteke. Best striker we've had in years

We should have had a charity set up at the club to raise money for a defender if Lerner wasn't gonna pay the money. What I can't understand is if wages are an issue why did we not get someone on a free saving like 2 million, that would have paid the wages surely!

To keep on topic, because we didn't purchase a defender, yes I think were down!!

It would have made it 3-1so result prob would have ended up the same

We'd probably had lost if he had scored. We'd have started sitting back trying to defend a 2 goal lead earlier in the game which would have inevitably allowed Everton another 5 minutes to score probably 3 more goals.

We should have had a charity set up at the club to raise money for a defender if Lerner wasn't gonna pay the money. What I can't understand is if wages are an issue why did we not get someone on a free saving like 2 million, that would have paid the wages surely!

To keep on topic, because we didn't purchase a defender, yes I think were down!!

You're right. There are hundreds of free players around which have the ability to turn our season around.

To list just 3 of those available:

Bob - works at Asda, currently without a contract, though is thought to have fully recovered from his achilles injury he incurred when he last turned out for Solihull Sleepers

Mark - currently available due to cold weather putting a halt to all his building work

Juan - willing to come play for us for free for 2 years to get a work permit

I'm kind of resigned to going down. Our defence is the worst I can remember in my 25 years of being a fan. Conceding late goals at Swansea, Albion and Everton might be disappointing, but they won't be the reason we go down. It was the home defeats by Wigan, Southampton and Newcastle that will do that.

I'm kind of resigned to going down. Our defence is the worst I can remember in my 25 years of being a fan. Conceding late goals at Swansea, Albion and Everton might be disappointing, but they won't be the reason we go down. It was the home defeats by Wigan, Southampton and Newcastle that will do that.

Although our defence is poor I think that the whole team must take responsibility for our likely relegation.  We don't keep the ball when we are in the lead so our defence is under constant pressure.  We all know that sooner or later we will crack.  Once Everton scored the second goal I couldn't bear to watch any more because I knew what was coming.