Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Still don't see us going down. There are worse teams out there and as I keep on stressing we've got a lot of new players under a new manager trying a new style of play.

We didn't go down last season under a much worse manager and that was with some pretty bad injuries as well.

Once we get a settled midfield and defence we'll be ok. I trust Lambert will work on our inconsistencies. There are worse teams in the league than us. We proved against Swansea and Man City we are capable of playing well.

Forthcoming fixtures:

October -

Fulham (a) - they are in form at the moment, especially at home.

Norwich (h) - six pointer already, they will be extremely motivated to get one over their ex manager though wont they?

November -

Sunderland (a) - Martin O'Neill factor, their fans still hate us because of the Darren Bent transfer. They will be fired up for this one.

Manchester United (h) - they are a much better team than we are.

Manchester City (a) - they are a much better team than we are, and I think they will be much more up for it than they were in the league cup.

Arsenal (h) - they are a much better team than we are.

Reading (h) - we absolutely have to win this one, dont we?

We really could be in trouble by the start of December, some difficult fixtures coming up against teams in form or teams who might have extra motivation before we face the really big boys. Worrying times.

How long are we going assume that we won't go down due to being three worse teams than us in the division? Eventually we will go down because that won't always be the case and we are already very, very close to it this season.

Lambert's decision to purchase potential rather than actual quality already seems to be back firing and it's only going to get worse!

How long are we going assume that we won't go down due to being three worse teams than us in the division? Eventually we will go down because that won't always be the case and we are already very, very close to it this season.

Lambert's decision to purchase potential rather than actual quality already seems to be back firing and it's only going to get worse!

We'll be better next season. If things go as planned then I don't think we'll have to worry about other teams being worse than us after this.

Not necessarily. As with any team players need time to settle. Look at QPR. They brought lots of "quality" (apparently anyway) yet they're rock bottom on 2 points.

Save an Everton/Wigan like second half of the season run of form, I think we're down.

Premature much?

People don't have overreact on here.

I worry that for a side mostly comprised of youth and players not used to the Premier League, a bad run of results could shatter their self-belief, and things could just snowball from there...we really need a midfield general badly. KEA is a decent player, but he's not strong enough to anchor the midfield. Delph, Holman, Ireland, Bannan, Albrighton, Zog...they're all little guys, and it's a bit of a problem, in my opinion.