Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Yeah should just forget the fact that man city team boasted the likes of Milner, Barry, Dzeko, tevez,Lescott, toure and Balotelli.

It's about the mentality. Most of those players would have come into the side knowing that it wasn't on merit, but that it's just an attempt to keep them happy as the majority of them are squad players. Man City's concerns are the Premier League and Champions League, anything else is a bonus. You'd also only have to look at how many of their fans turned up to the game against us compared to what they normally get to see that they weren't that bothered either.

Oh come on, the City result can't just be completely dismissed. Ok we shouldn't read too much into it (just like we shouldn't read too much into the 4-1 defeat at Southampton) but it was a very good result and shows that we are capable of beating sides much better than ourselves.

Yeah should just forget the fact that man city team boasted the likes of Milner, Barry, Dzeko, tevez,Lescott, toure and Balotelli.

It's about the mentality. Most of those players would have come into the side knowing that it wasn't on merit, but that it's just an attempt to keep them happy as the majority of them are squad players. Man City's concerns are the Premier League and Champions League, anything else is a bonus. You'd also only have to look at how many of their fans turned up to the game against us compared to what they normally get to see that they weren't that bothered either.

Oh come on, the City result can't just be completely dismissed. Ok we shouldn't read too much into it (just like we shouldn't read too much into the 4-1 defeat at Southampton) but it was a very good result and shows that we are capable of beating sides much better than ourselves.

That City result will be the highlight of our season, a one-off, much like the win at Chelsea last season.

Unfortunately the Soton game has been more like us this season, as we were also equally poor against Everton and not very impressive against West Ham either.

That City result will be the highlight of our season, a one-off, much like the win at Chelsea last season.

Unfortunately the Soton game has been more like us this season, as we were also equally poor against Everton and not very impressive against West Ham either.

How do you know it's a one-off? Can you see into the future?

No I can see our past record away at the top clubs over the last couple of seasons and that we haven't improved enough to expect to go to any of the top 5 or 6 and win in the league yet.

No I can see our past record away at the top clubs over the last couple of seasons and that we haven't improved enough to expect to go to any of the top 5 or 6 and win in the league yet.
Football isn't played on paper. I fully expect we'll lose or draw the majority of our games away at the top 6, but that doesn't mean we can't pick up a few results at those places.

For you to criticize someone for not dropping an argument is both ironic and hypocritical. Have you not been already told about this by other posters on site.

Secondly we both were asked to leave each other's posts alone by the mods which i adhered to and you did not, trying to bait me when i was debating with other posters.

I really have no wish to continue this further and will instead revert to what the mods have advised.

All they said was "perhaps you could spend a period ignoring each other". There was never a firm order to leave each other's posts alone for good.

Bait you? No I wasn't doing that at all. All I was doing was challenging one of your posts. Instead of replying to that or simply ignoring it you've dragged the conversation completely off-topic by ranting about your interpretation of the mod message.

I don't know why you can't just discuss the topic with me like everybody else or failing that simply ignore it.

No you actually challenged several of my posts when informed not to by the mods and this has been clearly pointed out to you.

For you to criticize someone for not dropping an argument is both ironic and hypocritical. Have you not been already told about this by other posters on site.

Secondly we both were asked to leave each other's posts alone by the mods which i adhered to and you did not, trying to bait me when i was debating with other posters.

I really have no wish to continue this further and will instead revert to what the mods have advised.

All they said was "perhaps you could spend a period ignoring each other". There was never a firm order to leave each other's posts alone for good.

Bait you? No I wasn't doing that at all. All I was doing was challenging one of your posts. Instead of replying to that or simply ignoring it you've dragged the conversation completely off-topic by ranting about your interpretation of the mod message.

I don't know why you can't just discuss the topic with me like everybody else or failing that simply ignore it.

No you actually challenged several of my posts when informed not to by the mods and this has been clearly pointed out to you.

We were never asked not to respond to each other's posts permanently.

The mods don't care about us talking, they just don't want arguments and squabbles played out across pages which is exactly what is happening now.

Look, can't we just get back to discussing the actual topic instead of arguing over what your interpretation of a message was?

No we weren't asked to stop responding to each other's posts permanently but we were asked to stop for a period of time which you failed to do. Its not my interpretation, its actually what the mods asked for which you ignored.

I've no problem with going back on topic just as long as it is within site rules and i suggest we leave it at that.

What you need to look at is the back half of last season under "the other guy"

1 win in 19 PL games - abysmal

We will definitely improve upon those stats under Mr Lambert

We will steadily get better under Lambert, give him 2 more windows and time for the likes of Vlaar and KEA to fully bed in and this club will be comfortable mid table.

But THIS ISN'T THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS. It's this season and we have a manager now.

You might as well say that City are due a relegation soon because of their record.

No we weren't asked to stop responding to each other's posts permanently but we were asked to stop for a period of time which you failed to do. Its not my interpretation, its actually what the mods asked for which you ignored.

I've no problem with going back on topic just as long as it is within site rules and i suggest we leave it at that.

Well you ignored my posts, which meant there were no arguments which was actually what they wanted. As sensible mature people there's no reason why we can't both discuss football maturely instead of arguing over petty things like this.

As I said, pretty sure the mods would rather us discuss the actual topic than argue over this.

What you need to look at is the back half of last season under "the other guy"

1 win in 19 PL games - abysmal

We will definitely improve upon those stats under Mr Lambert

We will steadily get better under Lambert, give him 2 more windows and time for the likes of Vlaar and KEA to fully bed in and this club will be comfortable mid table.

I agree with CI! :suspect:

We were doomed under the previous manager and looking at the job ahead of Lambert I expect this season to be difficult. I've already seen enough to believe we're slowly improving and will be alright this season.

But THIS ISN'T THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS. It's this season and we have a manager now.

You might as well say that City are due a relegation soon because of their record.

Based on performances and results so far, there has not been enough of an improvement to show we will end up in a much different position to the past couple of seasons. Therefore our results will be similar throughout the campaign.

As for your point about City that's just ridiculous and bares no relevance.

We have been poor in the games against Southampton, Everton and WHU. No better than last season. We have been considerably better against WBA, Newcastle and Swansea. Given that three of our better performances have been in the past four games (not even including the win against Citeh), I am confident that we are beginning to turn the corner and our relegation worries will soon be a thing of the past.