Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Personally I think the second half of the season will be much better and will hopefully see us competing for a top ten spot.

Furthermore, there seems to be a fallacy in regard to fixtures and supposedly easier games; I just don't think they exist in the PL. A mere glance at the current table enforces that as does the table of the last few years it just keeps getting a closer race both from relegation to the League winners.

Well, Alex is on a free and Milner would cost what £15-20m...

Also they are totaly diffrent types of players thou we need both types to be fair.

As a free agent maybe we could persuade UEFA that it´s an emergency as we can't seem to win any games and they let us sign Alex before the window opens?

As for Alex being egoistic- He's one of the most beloved players in Fenerbahce history, they just erected a statue of him outside their stadium! His fallout with the club is all down to the manager and owner.

Personally I think the second half of the season will be much better and will hopefully see us competing for a top ten spot.

Furthermore, there seems to be a fallacy in regard to fixtures and supposedly easier games; I just don't think they exist in the PL. A mere glance at the current table enforces that as does the table of the last few years it just keeps getting a closer race both from relegation to the League winners.

Agreed. I hoped that after our victory over Man City in the League Cup people would stop automatically dismissing games against the better teams but clearly not.

Also they are totaly diffrent types of players thou we need both types to be fair.

As a free agent maybe we could persuade UEFA that it´s an emergency as we can't seem to win any games and they let us sign Alex before the window opens?

But for 6-7 months, he will prob want 80k+ which works out to be almost roughly 2.5m-3m in wages on him. No thanks.

I didn't say to go an resign JM mate, just find that type/kind of player that has the same qualities for slightly less price.

Alex would not strike me as the kind of quick fix option PL would go for imo.

But for 6-7 months, he will prob want 80k+ which works out to be almost roughly 2.5m-3m in wages on him. No thanks.

I didn't say to go an resign JM mate, just find that type/kind of player that has the same qualities for slightly less price.

Alex would not strike me as the kind of quick fix option PL would go for imo.

Cheap player with the same qualities as Milner, well that should be easy to find...

And no i sadly don't think Alex is the type of quick fix Lambert would go for either. He'd go for the young unknown player from the lower leagues that might develop to a decent player in a few years time. All well and good but will help our current situation diddly squat.

Keane did all right for us last season so an older player on short term isn't always a bad option.

Of course there is no way Alex would ever come here, why would he?

Agreed. I hoped that after our victory over Man City in the League Cup people would stop automatically dismissing games against the better teams but clearly not.

Well I am on the more pessimistic side of the discussion but I put down in the match thread that I thought we would do well against Man City in the League Cup.

Man City don't take that trophy seriously, they played their second string side, players who have never really played a competitive game together and it showed out on the pitch.

I don't think you can take a result from the league cup and then assume from that that we are fine for the league.

The next two games should be very informative. Proper PL games away to very decent opposition. We should learn a lot about our players strengths and weaknesses. I'd still rather this journey with lambert as opposed to Eck who got 1 point in the corresponding games last year.

The Man City game seems to have fooled people into thinking we are better than we are and has glossed over what is an awful start to the premier league season.

This. Don't know why people are factoring results in the league cup against Man City and Tranmere to say 'Lambert's had a decent start, 3 wins already'. We need points on the board in the PL, I'd have much, much rather have had a win against the Baggies and got trounced 4-0 by City than what we had.

Well I am on the more pessimistic side of the discussion but I put down in the match thread that I thought we would do well against Man City in the League Cup.

Man City don't take that trophy seriously, they played their second string side, players who have never really played a competitive game together and it showed out on the pitch.

I don't think you can take a result from the league cup and then assume from that that we are fine for the league.

The team City put out was still far better than ours. On paper they should have trounced us, just like on paper we should be comfortably beaten by Spurs this weekend.

I don't think anyone is saying they think we'll be fine based on that one result.

We were sent identical messages Mantis which instructed both of us to leave our respective posts alone. There was nothing else specified and i will now leave it to the mods to instruct as they see fit!
We were instructed to, and I quote: "don't continue arguments and discussions over multiple pages and threads". The ironic thing is that's now happening not because I responded to your point on how we supposedly haven't imrpoved but because you keep on insisting on carrying on the argument over what you interpreted the private message from the mods to mean. I don't know why you can't drop this and just get back to the actual topic.

How exactly is Adam better than anything we have in midfield anyway? What makes him so special?

For you to criticize someone for not dropping an argument is both ironic and hypocritical. Have you not been already told about this by other posters on site.

Secondly we both were asked to leave each other's posts alone by the mods which i adhered to and you did not, trying to bait me when i was debating with other posters.

I really have no wish to continue this further and will instead revert to what the mods have advised.

For you to criticize someone for not dropping an argument is both ironic and hypocritical. Have you not been already told about this by other posters on site.

Secondly we both were asked to leave each other's posts alone by the mods which i adhered to and you did not, trying to bait me when i was debating with other posters.

I really have no wish to continue this further and will instead revert to what the mods have advised.

All they said was "perhaps you could spend a period ignoring each other". There was never a firm order to leave each other's posts alone for good.

Bait you? No I wasn't doing that at all. All I was doing was challenging one of your posts. Instead of replying to that or simply ignoring it you've dragged the conversation completely off-topic by ranting about your interpretation of the mod message.

I don't know why you can't just discuss the topic with me like everybody else or failing that simply ignore it.

Hey, all I did was challenge his view that we haven't imrpoved since last season (when we obviously have) and that Adam, Johnson and Berbatov would've been worth gambling our financial future.

5 points from 6 games and 10 goals conceeded would suggest that we have not improved. We have played two promoted teams in those games and have been terrorised by Rickie Lambert and Shane Long in our last two outings and still have a crap midfield and non existent back line.

Hey, all I did was challenge his view that we haven't imrpoved since last season (when we obviously have) and that Adam, Johnson and Berbatov would've been worth gambling our financial future.

5 points from 6 games and 10 goals conceeded would suggest that we have not improved. We have played two promoted teams in those games and have been terrorised by Rickie Lambert and Shane Long in our last two outings and still have a crap midfield and non existent back line.

Performances have improved though. We're passing more, we're attacking more and we're playing with more togetherness and spirit. The reason why results haven't been that great is because we've only just started playing a different way with lots of new players. Give them time and they will improve. Last season on the other hand even when we were doing ok at the beginning of the season we were never convincing and dull to watch. It just got worse and worse. I'm confident that results will pick up as the team gels more.

Yeah should just forget the fact that man city team boasted the likes of Milner, Barry, Dzeko, tevez,Lescott, toure and Balotelli.

It's about the mentality. Most of those players would have come into the side knowing that it wasn't on merit, but that it's just an attempt to keep them happy as the majority of them are squad players. Man City's concerns are the Premier League and Champions League, anything else is a bonus. You'd also only have to look at how many of their fans turned up to the game against us compared to what they normally get to see that they weren't that bothered either.