Rino8

"My family, my image – that's what matters to me most. The coach and some colleagues know that I suffered, I was treated badly and I did not feel comfortable and they know perfectly. It's nothing against Liverpool, on the contrary, I feel very comfortable at the club, but I have a daughter and I do not want to hear bad things about her father. In England they talk about many things and in some ways I feel uncomfortable. I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying. If I stay it is because it is a great club but also in turn I know that it is difficult because of the harassment I get from the press."

Don't bite people then.

• Like 1

Graham Hunter has just been on Talksport - Madrid are starting the usual summer circus of head turning. IF (and a Big If) Ayre and his team start negotiating with their RM counterparts. I only hope to god they drive a hard deal -  play(ers) plus cash deal - Varane, Pepe, Di Maria, Hugain

Yes I'm sure Madrid are keen to offload Varane...

Ha, exactly what I thought.

One of the others, maybe. But not Varane. The guy has the potential to be the best. No way they'll let him go.

Graham Hunter has just been on Talksport - Madrid are starting the usual summer circus of head turning. IF (and a Big If) Ayre and his team start negotiating with their RM counterparts. I only hope to god they drive a hard deal -  play(ers) plus cash deal - Varane, Pepe, Di Maria, Hugain & Benzema as agenda items.

knowing their negotiating tactis with Downing, Carroll etc they will probably swap him plus cash for Kaka

• Like 1

Nailed on redscouse will go for Benteke if it happens.

Eh? They aren't even the same sort of player.

They could go for Benteke for Suarez to play off in any case, but if Suarez goes then they will need a striker and our boy fits Rodgers system perfectly i.e. a target man to hold the ball up and bring the three behind him into play.

I've always felt redscouse/spurs the likeliest destination and if either one of Bale/Suarez goes then I think Benteke will.

Just shows how far Liverpool have fallen when they can't retain their star players

Nope, they lost Alonso right after they finished 2nd. Mascherano the season after.

I suspect it has more to do with the cultures players grow up in. Maybe Spanish-speaking players grow up watching Real and Barca and thus end up seeing those two as the pinnacle of football. That is rarely the case I feel in the English-speaking world.

Â