Rino8

I've seen a softening in their fans' attitude. The sane ones now accept that this current period is a necessary step if they're to try and bridge the gap. I expect they'll make progress next season and I think the fans will be happy with that. Don't mind the muppets. Every club has those.

No you're not. He's often referred to as Brenton and there's even a test online to see if you can distinguish both of their sets of quotes from each other.

I seen a few posts on the sky sports website in regards to an article about Suarez leaving

"We should get 30 mill + Higuain from Real Madrid"

Yes because Higuain is going to want to play for Liverpool he will be going to Arsenal a club in Europe. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned Cavani as a replacement yet   :rolleyes:

Edited by AshVilla

I seen a few posts on the sky sports website in regards to an article about Suarez leaving

Yes because Higuain is going to want to play for Liverpool :rolleyes:

I think you're underestimating just how big Liverpool FC are. It's understandable, they've not won anything in a while now. But their name still carries massive weight.

I suspect Higuain will want CL football, but it's not as delusional as you think.

DDID is right to an extent. The club still has far more sway than a typical 7th placed side does, but I think they would only carry more sway if they were competing with either 1) another side not in Europe or maybe 2) a side that are clearly not a perennial CL side like a Malaga for example.

They'll always be a huge club historically, but it's 23 years since they won the league. Next year it'll be 24 and that'll mean that nigh on 50% of the league won't have been born the last time they won the league.

DDID is right to an extent. The club still has far more sway than a typical 7th placed side does, but I think they would only carry more sway if they were competing with either 1) another side not in Europe or maybe 2) a side that are clearly not a perennial CL side like a Malaga for example.

They'll always be a huge club historically, but it's 23 years since they won the league. Next year it'll be 24 and that'll mean that nigh on 50% of the league won't have been born the last time they won the league.

Only 8 since they win the European Cup.

Appointing Woy and then King Kenny was in retrospect a terrible decision, the latter heightening the first and setting the club back quite a long way. They needed to rebuild, but they didn't half get it horribly wrong.

Arsenal haven't won anything for 8(?) years either. Yes they have champions league football but then, £150k > £100k. Should Liverpool wish to go down that road then their name is certainly big enough that it might sway a player like Higuain, someone young enough and talented enough to know that if it doesn't work out it won't be his last move.

All that said, that particular player is going to Arsenal, or if Wenger had any sense left he should be,

Only 8 since they win the European Cup.

Appointing Woy and then King Kenny was in retrospect a terrible decision, the latter heightening the first and setting the club back quite a long way. They needed to rebuild, but they didn't half get it horribly wrong.

Arsenal haven't won anything for 8(?) years either. Yes they have champions league football but then, £150k > £100k. Should Liverpool wish to go down that road then their name is certainly big enough that it might sway a player like Higuain, someone young enough and talented enough to know that if it doesn't work out it won't be his last move.

All that said, that particular player is going to Arsenal, or if Wenger had any sense left he should be,

Sadly in today's football, perennial CL football (which Arsenal have for the past 16? years) is a huge thing, because a player knows by joining Arsenal he WILL play CL football. Yes Livepool did win it 8 years ago, but they'll need to start qualifying again before they can go shoulder to shoulder with someone like Arsenal.

I would love Everton to stay ahead of them.

Ficksed innit.

I mean on a permanent, longterm basis. Everton in Champs League (with us, I hasten to add), and Liverpool fighting relegation. Preferably losing the fight.

Yes because Higuain is going to want to play for Liverpool he will be going to Arsenal a club in Europe. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned Cavani as a replacement yet :rolleyes:

FM mentality. Every club has fans who are like that.

I mean on a permanent, longterm basis. Everton in Champs League (with us, I hasten to add), and Liverpool fighting relegation. Preferably losing the fight.

Oh right, significantly ahead of them. If I was a betting man I'd say the natural order will be restored this season in Scouseland.

FM mentality. Every club has fans who are like that

you trying to say them Sneijder and Ancelotti threads were a waste of time :mellow:

Sneijder was genuinely linked to us, they even said he was at Bodymoor Heath :D

No seriously, the Sneijder thread was us discussing a concrete link, the FM mentality is about thinking picking and signing players is as easy as it is in the game.

Sadly i think it will take something like Liverpool being relegated (won't happen) for that small vocal minority of fans which they have to lower their expectations

Newcastle fans used to be the same way but they have actually woken up since they went down

Edited by AshVilla

Sadly i think it will take something like Liverpool being relegated (won't happen) for their fans expectations to be toned down

See BOF's post above. It's a small minority of fans - and they're not that far off the top 4, none of them are talking about challenging for the title like they were a few seasons ago

Sadly i think it will take something like Liverpool being relegated (won't happen) for their fans expectations to be toned down

See BOF's post above. It's a small minority of fans - and they're not that far off the top 4, none of them are talking about challenging for the title like they were a few seasons ago

Yeah my bad i remember you saying before it was a small minority ill edit accordingly not all Liverpool fans drink the crazy juice just a small vocal minority

Â