August Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Was very much on the fence concerning Lambert and have seen nothing yet to allay my fear that he will change us into a team of the calibre of Norwich which isn't going to be good enough for the expectations of our club.
What? :? I too was on the fence about Lambert but so far he's done everything possible to prove the likes of me wrong. We're trying to play good football, we're making astute signings and we're actually looking abroad for a change.

Personally I'm really optimistic for the future. Can't really think of anything that Lambert's done that I'm not pleased with.

Realistically, it's hard to know what the season will be like. The squad is in a bit of a poor state after the failed investment and management strategies of the past two seasons, It's hard to know how far the treatment Lambert has applied so far will be enough to make us a decent competitive squad.

We have to be prepared to find that more is needed and we are still struggling. In which case the objective should be survival with honour, no panic buying in January and further work on the squad next summer.

I am confident that Lambert will get us into much better shape eventually but it may not happen next season. Any success we have will be a bit of a bonus for me.

Sums up my thoughts :thumb:

Was very much on the fence concerning Lambert and have seen nothing yet to allay my fear that he will change us into a team of the calibre of Norwich which isn't going to be good enough for the expectations of our club.
What? :? I too was on the fence about Lambert but so far he's done everything possible to prove the likes of me wrong. We're trying to play good football, we're making astute signings and we're actually looking abroad for a change.

Personally I'm really optimistic for the future. Can't really think of anything that Lambert's done that I'm not pleased with.

This.

he has done all the right things so far, early days but it's looking promising (he needs to sign a LB before the end of the window though or me and him won't get along :P)

too much optimism for my liking, i was going to go to the forest game but its sold out. Is it too late to cancel the alan hutton deal?

Can't remember who, but someone said in the thread that if you went to the Nottingham ticket office away stand you would be able to get some on the day?

I am cautious about the opening fixtures though, a partisan West Ham crowd away, a very experienced Everton at home, it may just be a rude awakening but this is a long-term project. I just hope we all remember that.

We as fans will remember it but the media won't...

they will be waiting with baying blood for Lambert and Rodgers to fail at bigger clubs...

if we get off to a poor start his managerial ability will be called into question by the media not the fans...

because we are lowly Aston Villa Sky et al have **** all knowledge of our squad and the amount of in and outs we need to be competitive again so if Lambert doesn't rocket us up the table they will start to ask ridiculous questions...

as long as the board,manager,playing staff and the majority of the fans are all clear and on the same level on what is good progression then we will get there....

i am very optimistic that for the first time in years we are singing from the same hymn sheet

After the recent levels of freefall anyone could be forgiven for being 'too' optimistic. Personally, I don't think there will be an instant fix, nor any miraculous challenges for honours. I'll just be content that we can compete and be seen to be doing so, if just to get some of the feel-good factor back in B6. A sign of better things to come would be very nice indeed.

I am cautious about the opening fixtures though, a partisan West Ham crowd away, a very experienced Everton at home, it may just be a rude awakening but this is a long-term project. I just hope we all remember that.

We as fans will remember it but the media won't...

they will be waiting with baying blood for Lambert and Rodgers to fail at bigger clubs...

if we get off to a poor start his managerial ability will be called into question by the media not the fans...

because we are lowly Aston Villa Sky et al have **** all knowledge of our squad and the amount of in and outs we need to be competitive again so if Lambert doesn't rocket us up the table they will start to ask ridiculous questions...

as long as the board,manager,playing staff and the majority of the fans are all clear and on the same level on what is good progression then we will get there....

i am very optimistic that for the first time in years we are singing from the same hymn sheet

Lambert has the "grumpy" tag from the media because he's not so friendly with them, so I expect the minute he does poorly the media will be trying to hound him out (unlike a certain somebody else). I expect it'll be us defending him from the media rather than the other way around.

quite optimistic myself. heard a lot about forward passes hopefully this will be seen at VP again :D

I'll tell you a little secret hes got them playing one touch football, well more or less ( as obviously some players need a lot more touches than others)

But he is going for an attacking style aswell... I think the new style could work instead of messing about near the back and playing hoofball up to no target man like last year -__-

I've been impressed with the whole summer's work. The key will be how Lambert can improve the players who are already at the club which must be his main priority, with his signings adding quality. Hopefully we can get a quality attacking player in before the window and I will be really happy.

I am cautiously optimistic. I believe our younger players and players without PL experience will have either ups and downs, or may require some amount of bedding in, but I believe they are committed and will be more prepared this season than the last two.

How high we finish rests firmly on our senior players' shoulders. Given, Dunne have been on the down slope and have to rediscover form and fitness for us to be solid at the back. Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent, Gabby need to produce this season now that he who shall not be named is gone. There are no excuses for them this year. Chances will be created, and leaders will be needed on the pitch.

Â