Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I think we need to put our faith in Clark and Okore, and show them we trust them as the number one pairing.

To me that means that it's better if Ron just walks in the summer. He's a good player but luxury at this point. And a possible distraction to Clark and Okore.

Think this shows the risk the players are exposed to when running down their contracts.

Whilst vlaar is a good player, There is no way Villa would offer him another deal at the moment. Villa are much better off utilising his prob £2m a year on a younger player with a better fitness record.

He would be a big risk for any club to look at with a contract anymore than 12 months.

So it's a risky option. Much safer to what benteke and Delph did and sign; security for your family for 5 years plus. If you are playing well enough, you can still get to play in the champions league anyway.

We'll need him back asap, as Clark is on 9 yellows. Think the yellows get abolished on 2nd April, still have Swansea and Spurs before then. Can't lose CK for two matches with no Vlaar

Just Swansea as there's an international break then.

Really thought we'd miss Vlaar in this run in but we haven't, Okore and Clark has continued to be rock solid.

We'll need him back asap, as Clark is on 9 yellows. Think the yellows get abolished on 2nd April, still have Swansea and Spurs before then. Can't lose CK for two matches with no Vlaar

Just Swansea as there's an international break then.

Really thought we'd miss Vlaar in this run in but we haven't, Okore and Clark has continued to be rock solid.

Aah OK just hope he doesn't pick a yellow v Swansea then, can't have Sanchez coming on again as CB lol

Looking at how injury prone Vlaar ,Baker and Senderos are,i can see Sherwood replacing at least one of them in the close season.Vlaar would be the obvious one ,as his contact will have ended..Not sure how long Baker has left on his contract,but i would get rid of him, as his injury record must be on a par with Vlaar

I know your avatar has the Superman logo, but Clark Kent really has nothing to do with Ron Vlaar.

• Like 3

good player but its a great thing after all the worry in the summer is that we dont need him anymore

think in summer lose his wages and bring in a young defender as back up would be sensible business

General opinion appears to have soured on him but I'll always have fond memories. Not worth a new bumper contract with his current position Nauru record mind.

Agreed, his Nauru record is horrendous.

Haha, how is that even on autocorrect?

Get rid and use what would be substantial wages on a new player we otherwise couldn't afford to pay. Still leaves us with Okore,Baker Clarke and SOnderos with Sanchez plus youth players as back up in the event we have the terribly bad luck to suffer another disastrous run of injuries to central defenders as we have had this year which is unlikely

Edited by sidcow

Get rid and use what would be substantial wages on a new player we otherwise couldn't afford to pay. Still leaves us with Okore,Baker Clarke and SOnderos with Sanchez plus youth players as back up in the event we have the terribly bad luck to suffer another disastrous run of injuries to central defenders as we have had this year which is unlikely

I bet Vlaar is nowhere near a substantial wage. No one had heard of him when he signed for us so I can't see him commanding a huge wage at all. I also think Vlaar's hope of a substantial wage through a bumper contract are 9 months too late. No one is going to throw a load of cash at a player of his age and injury record. 

Â