Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I first thought we would be lucky to have got 6-8m for him in Jan, but actually if the trio of clubs who want him are to be creditable sources then there is no reason why that figure cannot be received.

Remember, we have a captain who had a blinding world cup and we have something them 3 teams need badly. 6-8m indeed!

6-8M ? Seriously? We will be lucky to get 3M for him regardless of who is "in for him"

He will be 30 in February

He will be regarded as "injury prone"

He will be out of contract in 5 months time

He has made it clear he doesn't want to be here

Hardly good bargaining chips for us

6-8M ? Seriously? We will be lucky to get 3M for him regardless of who is "in for him"

He will be 30 in February

He will be regarded as "injury prone"

He will be out of contract in 5 months time

He has made it clear he doesn't want to be here

Hardly good bargaining chips for us

If someone is desperate for a good center back for the second half of this season and the choice is Vlaar or nothing with 24 hours to go in the window, who knows?

He is the best defender at the club...but on current form he doesn't get in the team for me. 

I honestly can't see Manyoo (too many injuries - why take on another serial crock) or Arsenal (not a Wenger player at all. Not cultured enough on the ball, too old) coming in for him in January. It wouldn't surprise me to see teams like Liverpool or Spurs come in for him because he is solid when he's fit but in that instance the price is £4m. Take it or leave it. 

He's gone in the summer whatever anyway so I refuse to get excited by this. Give the captaincy to Westy. 

He's done very little to improve our defence. Gone down in my books for talking out about trying to leave.

How dare he honour his contract, play well for the club (when fit) and want to play for a bigger more successful club at the end of his career.

Ever hear of someone called Olof Mellberg. Did he go down in your books for leaving for nothing to play for Juventus?

He's done very little to improve our defence. Gone down in my books for talking out about trying to leave.

How dare he honour his contract, play well for the club (when fit) and want to play for a bigger more successful club at the end of his career.

Ever hear of someone called Olof Mellberg. Did he go down in your books for leaving for nothing to play for Juventus?

Considerable difference between the two. Mellberg played for 6/7 years with a good availability and excellent record. Vlaar is nowhere near that. All we have been to Vlaar is a treatment centre.

• Like 2

He's a professional footballer who we bought and paid to do a job which he has to some extent done and now the contract is ending he is looking to move to another employer.  I have little qualm with that.  I happen to think we have better players in his position already at the club and that if we do receive a fee for him the manager could use that more than he could use the availability of Vlaar for the half dozen or so games he would be fit for in the second half of the season

• Like 3

Considerable difference between the two. Mellberg played for 6/7 years with a good availability and excellent record. Vlaar is nowhere near that. All we have been to Vlaar is a treatment centre.

Do you honestly think that without him for the past 2 seasons we'd still be in the league!!! Clark & Baker were god awful together. 

He's a professional footballer who we bought and paid to do a job which he has to some extent done and now the contract is ending he is looking to move to another employer.  I have little qualm with that.  I happen to think we have better players in his position already at the club and that if we do receive a fee for him the manager could use that more than he could use the availability of Vlaar for the half dozen or so games he would be fit for in the second half of the season

I think he knows that too. No way he's sat there and watching Okore & Clark, with how well Baker & Senderos did together earlier in the season and thought given my injury record I may be out for 2 matches and never get back in the team. My stock is high after the World Cup I need to go. I'm not leaving the club in the lurch, they are in a far better place than they were when I joined.

Cheers Ron, all the best. 

Do you honestly think that without him for the past 2 seasons we'd still be in the league!!! Clark & Baker were god awful together.

I disagree about Baker. I also think that Clark has played out of position but is growing into it now. Vlaar was good while he was fit but it is now too few and far between. We need a regular back four and, sadly, Ron Vlaar will never be a regular here. He is a great man off the field, has time for fans but his time is up here. Back to the original comparison with Mellberg, we will never find out if he was as good as him. Mellberg had served his time here.

Ron should be less greedy and more prudent, given his fitness record.  

He should sign any deal on the table now, i.e. with us. He'll look pretty daft if he gets injured again before his dream team come in for him, and he gets left high and dry with no contract at all in the summer.

I think he has done very well for us and really owes us nothing.

If you want to find greedy, look in Delph's direction.

• Like 1

I disagree about Baker. I also think that Clark has played out of position but is growing into it now. Vlaar was good while he was fit but it is now too few and far between. We need a regular back four and, sadly, Ron Vlaar will never be a regular here. He is a great man off the field, has time for fans but his time is up here. Back to the original comparison with Mellberg, we will never find out if he was as good as him. Mellberg had served his time here.

You didn't answer my question  :huh:

Â