Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Would be fantastic to get some money for him in January.

With these 2 back to back wins, we are well on course to reaching the magic 40 point mark. Ron is becoming less and less relied upon with every point earned and every quality performance of Okore & Clark.

Been OK for us in a period that is best forgotten but is certainly no Melberg or Laurson.

Same goes for Delph as well.

• Like 1

Seen this in the Express, looks like he's off...http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/544738/Manchester-United-and-Arsenal-boost-in-Ron-Vlaar-chase

MANCHESTER UNITED and Arsenal have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Ron Vlaar

The Aston Villa skipper, who had been hoping to make his return today against Leicester City after recovering from a calf injury, has cast doubt over his future at Villa Park.

"These are troubled times at Villa," said Vlaar.

"The manager has said he won't let me leave during the season but I don't know what will happen if clubs come in for me."

Louis van Gaal is keen to sign Vlaar as he attempts to bolster his back line.

However, United will have to battle with both Arsenal and Southampton who have also been linked to the defender.

Arsene Wenger had reportedly been readying a £8million for the Dutchman.

Edited by Supervillan78

Seen this in the Express, looks like he's off...http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/544738/Manchester-United-and-Arsenal-boost-in-Ron-Vlaar-chase

MANCHESTER UNITED and Arsenal have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Ron Vlaar

The Aston Villa skipper, who had been hoping to make his return today against Leicester City after recovering from a calf injury, has cast doubt over his future at Villa Park.

"These are troubled times at Villa," said Vlaar.

"The manager has said he won't let me leave during the season but I don't know what will happen if clubs come in for me."

Louis van Gaal is keen to sign Vlaar as he attempts to bolster his back line.

However, United will have to battle with both Arsenal and Southampton who have also been linked to the defender.

Arsene Wenger had reportedly been readying a £8million for the Dutchman.

8m... Mantis do your thing pal.

Well, if that quote is accurate - which is a pretty big if - then he's trying to talk his way out of the club. We've got a lucky break really - the performances from other centre backs have been good enough that I don't feel we need to force him to stay. In the end, as with Delph, if they aren't at all interested in signing a new contract, it's better to get a fee for them in January. 

• Like 1

We might quite easily get 12m in Jan if these 3 dogs fight it out! Not bad for a player with only 6 months left on his contract.

Let's hope it don't go tit's up and Vlaar signs a pre-contract in Jan for free and joins his new club in the summer! .. it could happen!

We would be left with a player who wouldn't play and **** all at the end of it either!..

I hope Lambert snaps the hands off the first team that tables 6m+ offer for Vlaar and instead not try and be an egotistic maniac and keep Vlaar here to prove a point!

I was always reluctant to lose him in the summer given how important he was last season but it increasingly seems that the team are no longer in need of one player to single-handedly hold the defence together, so we may as well cash in.

Edited by Isa

I agree Richard

Between £3 & 5 million is good money though compared to keeping him here for a few months and then allowing him to leave for nothing.

It is not impossible for us to be on or around 30+ points by the end of January. In that scenario, I wouldn't want to play him in any case-I'd let the younger lads continue to gain experience.

Direct translation: "Come and get me."

Best case scenario we have a nice little bidding war between Arsenal and Man Utd for his services in January.

A-do-one-Ron-Ron, A-do-one-Ron.

True Richard, But the teams 'rumoured' to be after him DO have money, it appears we have something they want and need badly.

Why have our pants pulled down at 5m? I am sure we could easily squeeze a few million out of them at least.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

We might quite easily get 12m in Jan if these 3 dogs fight it out! Not bad for a player with only 6 months left on his contract.

Let's hope it don't go tit's up and Vlaar signs a pre-contract in Jan for free and joins his new club in the summer! .. it could happen!

We would be left with a player who wouldn't play and **** all at the end of it either!..

I hope Lambert snaps the hands off the first team that tables 6m+ offer for Vlaar and instead not try and be an egotistic maniac and keep Vlaar here to prove a point!

I'm pretty sure that if United or Arsenal are interested then they cannot do this. I think that if it is a domestic deal then players can only sign a pre-contract 6 weeks before contract expiry rather than 6 months. (I have got this from Football Manager so I can't verify its authenticity!!)

Â