Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Be interesting to see what happens there - I think he'll go too because we aren't going to break the bank for him and I don't think we're in a position where we need to. We've got 4 CBs who all look pretty capable and his injuries are becoming more and more of an issue. Selling him in January might be the best move. 

The fact he wants a move to a bigger club George. Whether he is injured or not (which I doubt is the case anyway) he don't want to be at Villa.

To be quite honest, I'd like to hear directly from him rather than just his agent as the latter may just be angling for a bigger contract from us.

He isn't, he will be off in the summer.

IMO Ron is no more consistent or reliable than our other central defenders so will be no significant loss. 

Its obvious the guy will move on in either January or the summer for one final pay day as most would do the same at his age. 

What i don't agree with is all the bull shite that surrounds this, 

If you want to go down in any sort of Villa park folk law, then just man up and spit it out that you intend to move on and put it to bed so all the hanger ons can accept it. 

See Melbergs exit Ron, Good luck with the decision just quit all the faffing and **** about and put it to bed!

Was watching Napoli and Empoli earlier and the commentator made a comment that there was intense speculation linking Vlaar with Napoli coming out this morning. He is they type of CB Benetiz goes for as well.

Old and injury prone?..

Fair play to Vlaar really - I blame the club if he leaves for nothing.

I don't really, I will blame Lerner for Delph as and when he does the same but not with Vlaar.

I honestly don't think he would have signed a contract last summer either.

I think he would at his age, having spent the majority of his career earning relatively low money in Holland, he would always have been looking to boost his wealth and retirement fund with a Bosman deal next summer.

I think Vlaar and Okore could be a pretty awesome partnership.

But if Vlaar is off in the summer or January then I'd drop him.

I'd rather see a settled team play as much as possible with each other.

I still think Vlaar is our best centre back, but he's not important enough for it to be a disaster if he's dropped

Headache for Lambert. Does Vlaar walk back into the team at the expense of Clark/Okore? If the latter keeps their performances up I wouldn't say no to cashing in on Vlaar in January.

Not a chance. Vlaar's days are numbered playing for us if he doesnt sign. Id rather give Clark/Okore,Sendros,Baker game time they deserve than give someone who doesnt want to be here. Same with Delph, got few mids can play in front of him as well.

• Like 1

Ron is still very good, but we suddenly have four other CBs that can take care of business. It also seems that Senderos and Clark have leadership qualities, let them flourish.

Ron, I love you, but at this point AV is better off if we get some money for you in Jan.

• Like 1

Â