Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Lambert has to take some of the blame as it looks like Vlaar will be moving on either a) at a reduced price in January or b ) for nothing next summer.

When a player gets towards the final year of the contract he should have been more decisive and a) got Vlaar to sign a new contract or b ) got a decent fee for him. We'll probably end up getting neither.

Lerner/Fox are not blameless either. 

Why would Vlaar sign a new contract when Lerner put the club up for sale and the whole club is surrounded in uncertainty?   Vlaar not signing a new deal has nothing to do with Lambert and everything to do with wanting to play at a higher level and to compete for trophies.

A player not signing a new deal of course has something to do with the manager. If the player believes in the manager he would probably be more likely to stay.

If the manager doesn't expect Vlaar to stay (as has looked increasingly unlikely) then the questions has to be asked if Lambert has failed to get the maximum value out of the player.

Then sell the player to get the maximum value from him!

That would've been last summer. No chance of much in January tbh, I'd keep him until the summer to make sure we say up and we do regularly pick up points when Vlaar is in the team.

My point exactly - we've missed out yet again.

If the players boughT into lamberts master plan we may have a hope of keeping him and Delph.

If the players believed under Lerner we were going to do something we may have a hope of keeping them.

I'm not too concerned about vlaar, injury record and poor games often restricted his impact on the side.

Delph concerns me as we have no drive or dynamism in midfield.

Any updates on how long he will be out for this time?

I personally think it is irrelevant as I do not expect him to pull on the claret and blue of Villa again

Yeah, Will probably be carrying one of those infamous mysterious back injuries till he moves on. 

Saying that, this one don't any injury conspiracy theories. 

I personally think it is irrelevant as I do not expect him to pull on the claret and blue of Villa again

Yeah, Will probably be carrying one of those infamous mysterious back injuries till he moves on. 

What 'infamous mysterious back injuries'?

Vlaar will always make himself available for selection if his body is up to it. We are not going to be selling our captain in a January transfer window so we would have nothing to gain from it either.

I have no doubt about Vlaar performing to the best of his ability no matter what, and to frankly, call his integrity as a man and a professional into play is pretty bad form.

Bit early but if Okore can continue like he did yesterday and even improve we won't miss Ron. When he joined I thought we had another Laursen/Mellberg on our hands as i'd seen him a lot at Feyenoord but almost 3 seasons on he is a player who we will easily forget I think. Solid enough Premier League defender but if he doesn't want to stay he can be replaced from within.

Sell in January, that's if he isn't having his Christmas break.

What 'infamous mysterious back injuries'?

Vlaar will always make himself available for selection if his body is up to it. We are not going to be selling our captain in a January transfer window so we would have nothing to gain from it either.

I have no doubt about Vlaar performing to the best of his ability no matter what, and to frankly, call his integrity as a man and a professional into play is pretty bad form.

The infamous back injuries that's used by clubs when there has been blatant conflict between the 2 party's usually because of transfer talk.

Thus avoiding any publicised fan backlash towards the player that will only de-value the players stock even more come the sale.

I to personally think we won't see him anymore, and after seeing Okore last night proving he has got the minerals at this level I'm not that fussed anyway.

I think Okore and Baker will be the first choice CB pairing in the future!

Unless something's happened between them, I would find it very hard to believe that Lambert wouldn't pick Vlaar when fit.

Tremendous coincidence that the two players most likely to be sold are 'injured until January'. Almost as if the deal is done and the buyer wants his goods protecting.

Keep him till the summer to try secure another season of top flight football, would pay for his sell on fee alone.

I would imagine nearly every premier league team bar Citeh and Chelsea would be after him as there's alot of shoddy defences in the league this season.

Â