Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake? He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud. :crylaugh:

I don't see the problem with his comments. Actually find his honesty quite refreshing.

Honesty? Give me a break. Nothing but delusion and disrespect in those comments. 

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake? He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud. :crylaugh:

I don't see the problem with his comments. Actually find his honesty quite refreshing.

Honesty? Give me a break. Nothing but delusion and disrespect in those comments.
Maybe I haven't seen the full interview. All I see is how much he has always rated Vlaar and how he would love him at Southampton. He was asked the question and he answered it. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Put a bid In koeman do things propaly. Not liking the change in attitude with Lambert.

Probably already has - or something pretty close to it - He wants Vlaar and knows he will have to agree a fee with Villa - it might be handled at CEO level - with Lambert in the dark.

The cynic in me wonders if the Vlaar fee is how we could afford to sign Cissokho\Sanchez....

If that's the case he doesn't need to go public.

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake? He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud.  :crylaugh:

Does he?

• Like 1

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake? He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud.  :crylaugh:

Does he?

"Vlaar became one of the best Oranje defenders at us, at Feyenoord [my old club]," he told Helden,. "And, at the last World Cup, he became one of the best of the tournament."

I would argue he does with that statement, especially "one of the best" with Feyenoord.  Forgive me if I am wrong, but I certainly do not remember many enthralled with Vlaar's Euro 2012 performance (whilst at Feyenoord) and equally I did not see many teams declare an interest in signing Ron when we did. I am sure Koeman will say otherwise via the media in the coming days though. Stay tuned.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

"Vlaar became one of the best Oranje defenders at us, at Feyenoord [my old club]," he told Helden,. "And, at the last World Cup, he became one of the best of the tournament." - I would argue he does with that statement, especially "one of the best" with Feyenoord.  Forgive me if I am wrong, but I certainly do not remember many enthralled with Vlaar's Euro 2012 performance (whilst at Feyenoord) and equally I did not see many teams declare an interest in signing Ron when we did. I am sure Koeman will say otherwise via the media in the coming days though. Stay tuned.

He did become one of Holland's best defenders (not difficult at the time to be fair) in order to break into the team and start during the Euros though. Just reads like Koeman is praising Vlaar's rise during his first season managing Feyenoord rather than crediting himself with any further development whilst here.

Ultimately, even if he had said what a great club Villa are and what a great job Lambert has done with Vlaar, it would still be equally disrespectful. The problem is with him name-dropping and especially doing it a second time after our manager publicly expressed his displeasure at this.

After the World Cup I had no faith that Vlaar would be playing for someone else if there was interest.

Just for a second look at our club, owner wants out, manager is not up to the task, CEO has left. No ambition, no plan. The club is just existing.

What would you do if it was where you worked and someone offered you more money?

• Like 1

After the World Cup I had no faith that Vlaar would be playing for someone else if there was interest.

Just for a second look at our club, owner wants out, manager is not up to the task, CEO has left. No ambition, no plan. The club is just existing.

What would you do if it was where you worked and someone offered you more money?

I can understand why he'd leave, but to Southampton? They're in a pretty poor state themselves.

He did become one of Holland's best defenders (not difficult at the time to be fair) in order to break into the team and start during the Euros though. Just reads like Koeman is praising Vlaar's rise during his first season managing Feyenoord rather than crediting himself with any further development whilst here. 

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree about the wording. However, I cynically interpret the comments as Koeman trying to take credit for Vlaar's development and undermine the platform Villa have given him these past two years. Ron is a totally different player since he joined from Feyenoord and our club has facilitated his development, It has nothing to do with Koeman. He was the "best" Dutch defender whilst representing Aston Villa Football Club.

The problem is with him name-dropping and especially doing it a second time after our manager publicly expressed his displeasure at this.

I agree with that. I think Koeman is trying to pressure us into selling a valuable asset. Why persist? Anyway, I hope we tell him where to go.

I agree with that. I think Koeman is trying to pressure us into selling a valuable asset. Why persist? Anyway, I hope we tell him where to go.

Yes hopefully but the question has always been whether our owner will refuse the opportunity to cash in while he still hasn't signed a new deal. We'll see I guess.

Koeman and Vlaar are obviously have an informal relationship and it's almost certain that Koeman will have discussed the possibility of a move directly to Vlaar. So for him to bring it up again, I believe Vlaar is continuing to give him signals that he is receptive to moving there.

• Like 2

I think Southampton represent a clear step up myself. They remain a team that will be aiming to finish in the top-half whereas we will continue to be content with just staying up. My opinion of Vlaar wouldn't be affected in the slighest if he did want to move to them.

Â