Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

10 mill or gtfo

I do not care if he only has 1 year left on his deal

I do not care if he is coming to the end of his career

What matters is we do not need to sell and finding a proven defender with prem experience who is also a leader will cost at least that

Edited by AshVilla

I would rather lose him on a free than cash in now.

Our PL survival rests on him, that is how important he is.

I agree completely. If he asks to leave then I'd want £15m+. It's not like they don't have the cash.

• Like 1

I think Benteke is a miles better striker than Vlaar is as a defender, if that makes sense.

To be honest I hope Vlaar stays but I don't think he's irreplaceable, maybe he's made to look better than he is for the simple reason the rest of our defence last season was pretty woeful. I know he had a good World Cup but lots of players do.

I think Benteke is a miles better striker than Vlaar is as a defender, if that makes sense.

To be honest I hope Vlaar stays but I don't think he's irreplaceable, maybe he's made to look better than he is for the simple reason the rest of our defence last season was pretty woeful. I know he had a good World Cup but lots of players do.

Can I ask what player you would sign to replace Vlaar as a defender and a leader that would come here right now?

Can I ask what player you would sign to replace Vlaar as a defender and a leader that would come here right now?

David Luiz.

To be honest I haven't got a clue off the top of my head. But If you'd have asked me the same question a couple of seasons ago I wouldn't have thought of Vlaar. I'm sure there are players out there as equally capable as Ron.

If Vlaar does go and I hope he doesn't I trust Lambert to find a suitable replacement if he's given the money. He might even find a better player if we get good money.

I would rather lose him on a free than cash in now.

What if he stays, doesn't sign a new contract, and next summer we're planning for a season without him, but also without the extra money for a replacement?

Would we then think that we should have cashed in while his stock was high (World Cup)?

Vlaar isn't worth £10-15m on the market, far from it, but I think he is to us. And that's what matters to us, As long as he's not tempted by another club who talks to him behind our back and he then does his best to get out of here. I don't think he's the kind of player to do that, but that of course also depends on his agent. If manure comes in for him, which I doubt, I think we'll find it very hard to keep him. so'ton on the other hand will hopefully have to stump up the big cash. And they've got the big cash. I hope Lerner and Lambert sees it this way too. And I think they do.

I would rather lose him on a free than cash in now.

What if he stays, doesn't sign a new contract, and next summer we're planning for a season without him, but also without the extra money for a replacement?

Would we then think that we should have cashed in while his stock was high (World Cup)?

We would have an extra years PL money (IMO) and Okore would have gained some experience.

I just think where we are now, coming off two relegation fights and Okore not having much PL games under his belt it is too big of a risk.

Vlaar isn't worth £10-15m on the market, far from it,

I don't know what market you're referring to but the one I'm thinking of Phil Jones was £20m, Smalling was £12m, Lovren is £20m and Luiz is £42m. If united are interested it will cost them a United sized fee.

If a big team are instersted, I think the money we could get for Vlaar is worth more than Okore's year of experience and the PL money combined.

Also, Okore could turn out to be an outstanding defender, but with Baker/Clark/Senderos next to him, we might be dreadful.

Lambert found Vlaar in the first place, and I reckon he could find an appropriate replacement IF given the profits of the sale.

• Like 2

10m, and a proper replacement i can live with. You'd have to hope our scouts/manager have been looking at potential replacements already. Almost certainly someone like Hangeland on a free and Randy putting the 10m in his bank account of course

Â