Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Got a feeling Keoman will try take him to Southhampton to replace lovern

This is what i expect to happen problem is we cannot afford decent replacement. My mates a liverpool fan and he said liverpool are goinv for lovren this means saints will go for roncrete i think id rather he left for manure i could accept that

All it means is that they'll be looking for a replacement. While Vlaar could be that replacement it's hardly a certainty. One thing to remember is that Lovren is still fairly young (he turns 25 tomorrow) whereas as Vlaar will be 30 by the middle of next season.

Which, along with his chequered injury record, is why I would consider accepting a bid for him if the money was right, we could reinvest it, and PL has somebody in mind to replace him.

Lambert has said whoever he wants to keep, will not be sold. He also said is dealing with new staff first and then new contracts will be sorted for Delph, Vlaar and Gabby.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-planning-7368743#.U7Zei8jyOT4.twitter

Sadly we all know if the club wants to sell players, it won't be up to Lambert.

Lambert has said whoever he wants to keep, will not be sold. He also said is dealing with new staff first and then new contracts will be sorted for Delph, Vlaar and Gabby.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-planning-7368743#.U7Zei8jyOT4.twitter

Heard it all before unfortunately.

I sincerley hope Vlaar will put pen to paper on a new deal - I get the impression he's a decent, ordinary kind of guy who respects the club he plays for and takes his responsibilities as club captain seriously.

Honestly I don't think Lerner will go above Lambert and sell players. I'm sure he will have received assurances about that. That's the sort of thing that would make Lambert walk and even Lerner knows that that would be a disaster.

• Like 1

Indeed we have. Nary a month went by without reassurances of how close Albrighton was to signing a new deal last season. Quotes to friendly local media don't even make good toilet paper. 

Indeed we have. Nary a month went by without reassurances of how close Albrighton was to signing a new deal last season. Quotes to friendly local media don't even make good toilet paper. 

Dodged a bullet there then

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think Lerner will go above Lambert and sell players. I'm sure he will have received assurances about that. That's the sort of thing that would make Lambert walk and even Lerner knows that that would be a disaster.

James Milner.

James Milner.

Wasn't he sold when we didn't have a manager?

Lambert has said whoever he wants to keep, will not be sold. He also said is dealing with new staff first and then new contracts will be sorted for Delph, Vlaar and Gabby.http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-planning-7368743#.U7Zei8jyOT4.twitter

albrighton was a slightly different kettle of fish, in that he was out of contract.

his agent found him a club willing to offer him 40k a week, and no matter how nice a guy he is and he's a local lad, villa fan and academy product, he simply isn't worth that amount.

I'm sure the club would've considered offering him an extension but not at the same amount as Leicester.

Albrighton was not offered a new contract as Lambert didn't want him. Without wanting to sound like an ITK, Albrighton said this to my cousin in Ibiza a few weeks ago.

On topic, I hope that Ron is offered a good deal that leaves him wanting to commit to the club. He deserves parity with the other top earners at the club as he is one of our most important players, and of course club captain.

• Like 1

Lambert has said whoever he wants to keep, will not be sold. He also said is dealing with new staff first and then new contracts will be sorted for Delph, Vlaar and Gabby.http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-planning-7368743#.U7Zei8jyOT4.twitter

albrighton was a slightly different kettle of fish, in that he was out of contract.

his agent found him a club willing to offer him 40k a week, and no matter how nice a guy he is and he's a local lad, villa fan and academy product, he simply isn't worth that amount.

I'm sure the club would've considered offering him an extension but not at the same amount as Leicester.

How do you know this?

If Vlaar wants to leave and the right money is offered he will leave. Next seasons is going to be one hell of scrap to stay up. We need players who want play for the club.

Edited by Amo69

We need players who want play for the club.

The only players who want to play for the club in that context are players playing in the lower divisions and want to better themselves

at the same time we want players who are going to better us.

tricky

time for a talent spotter to take over proceedings....there are always those players in the lower leagues that are genuinely in the wrong place....we need to find them, we have done it before and we can do it again if we have the right staff looking.

Its not impossible, currently maybe improbable..... but we need to employ a bit of nous and some conkers to take a gamble.

The only players who want to play for the club in that context are players playing in the lower divisions and want to better themselves

tricky

time for a talent spotter to take over proceedings....there are always those players in the lower leagues that are genuinely in the wrong place....we need to find them, we have done it before and we can do it again if we have the right staff looking.

Its not impossible, currently maybe improbable..... but we need to employ a bit of nous and some conkers to take a gamble.

There's a probably a lot of players in Europe that would love the chance of playing for us. Granted that's more likely for the money than to play for our club but there is no shortage of talent out there. Clearly it's hard to find on the cheap though.

Was actually one of the reasons why we didnt have a manager at the time

MON agreed to the Milner sale.

James Milner.

MON agreed to the sale of Milner. One of the issues was how the money was to be reinvested.

The club probably should have considered offering him an extension long before his contract was up instead of sitting on their arses and doing absolutely sweet **** all. 

tricky

Isn't that what Lambert has spent the last two seasons attempting?

Â