Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I can see him leaving.  He probably has one more good pay day and I can see a club paying him double what we do.  If a club bids £8m+ for him I reckon we would take it with one year of his contract left.

It would cost us our PL status so £8m is nothing for me.

This. Letting him go for free next summer - by which time we might have been taken over - would be infinitely better than the chump change we'd receive for him this year, which wouldn't even be used to strengthen the team anyway. 

Of course this is true, but only to us. Unfortunately we aren't the ones that matter in such dealings, Randy Lerner is.

Ron will not go to QPR. In all seriousness, I am more worried about the Van Gaal and Manchester United link as Holland progress further in the tournament. 

Same.

We can't afford to let him go now - better he left on a free in a year's time than try to replace him this summer.

I can see him leaving.  He probably has one more good pay day and I can see a club paying him double what we do.  If a club bids £8m+ for him I reckon we would take it with one year of his contract left.

It would cost us our PL status so £8m is nothing for me.

This. Letting him go for free next summer - by which time we might have been taken over - would be infinitely better than the chump change we'd receive for him this year, which wouldn't even be used to strengthen the team anyway. 

Of course this is true, but only to us. Unfortunately we aren't the ones that matter in such dealings, Randy Lerner is.

Exactly.  How many decisions has RL made that have made financial sense?  Answer - not many.

Ron will not go to QPR. In all seriousness, I am more worried about the Van Gaal and Manchester United link as Holland progress further in the tournament. 

Really??? The chance to live in London and treble your wages, wouldn't be suprised if he left to be honest

Really??? The chance to live in London and treble your wages, wouldn't be suprised if he left to be honest

I didn't know QPR had already offered him a contract worth £75k a week. My bad.

Bye Bye Ron.

Bye Bye Ron.

I think he is speaking hypothetically and to be honest I agree that they probably wouldn't offer him £75k a week, however something like £50k-£60k would be a breeze for them. In fact, it would be a breeze for most teams in the league.

Bye Bye Ron.

I think he is speaking hypothetically and to be honest I agree that they probably wouldn't offer him £75k a week, however something like £50k-£60k would be a breeze for them. In fact, it would be a breeze for most teams in the league.

Apart from us??

I worry that if another team offers £3m then Lerner will just see it as £3m into his pocket against the probable loss he is going to make if he ever manages to persuade someone to part with £100m plus for the pleasure of owning us.

Bye Bye Ron.

Isn't Ron on about 20k, he wasnt on big money in Holland. Im sure his agent will be looking for a move for Ron being as Villa have said they are not willing to offer contracts out at the moment to the higher earners. His agent will be looking to make some cash this summer thats for sure

If Ron goes were as good as down

The only decent defender we have at the club

Considering the amount of goals we shipped and points we dropped last season when he was not in the side says it all

Crafty arry has probably already tapped him up and threw him a few brown envelopes

Bye Bye Ron.

Isn't Ron on about 20k, he wasnt on big money in Holland. Im sure his agent will be looking for a move for Ron being as Villa have said they are not willing to offer contracts out at the moment to the higher earners. His agent will be looking to make some cash this summer thats for sure

Yep, pretty much my thoughts. As I said before, most teams in the league would have no issue spending £50k+ a week on their main defender and also their captain. Unfortunately that is what you have to do if you want to compete in this league. What is also unfortunate is that we just can't do it.

Bye Bye Ron.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts. As I said before, most teams in the league would have no issue spending £50k+ a week on their main defender and also their captain. Unfortunately that is what you have to do if you want to compete in this league. What is also unfortunate is that we just can't do it.

Not can't! Won't do it!

Lerner is willing to let this farce he has created rumble down towards the Championship. He has the opposite to the Midas touch?

Or if not that specific link, Ron is currently playing for a mega successful side playing excellent attacking and winning football and rubbing shoulders with the likes of Robben, de Jong. Sneijder, van Persie, etc.

Then he's coming back to struggling, drifting Villa who don't even seem able to offer him a contract beyond 2016, and...

Or if not that specific link, Ron is currently playing for a mega successful side playing excellent attacking and winning football and rubbing shoulders with the likes of Robben, de Jong. Sneijder, van Persie, etc.

Then he's coming back to struggling, drifting Villa who don't even seem able to offer him a contract beyond 2016, and...

QPR are hardly a great team either. The United link seems far more likely.

QPR are hardly a great team either. The United link seems far more likely.

What United link??? I haven't seen anything in the press regarding Vlaar and ManUre.

Â