Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

QPR have just agreed to sign Rio Ferdinand so no sure about this (wishful thinking)

If the rumours of Grealish and Donacien being offered a new contract in pre-season, I can see the others (Vlaar, Delph and Agbonlahor) being renegotiated too.

I hope all of this gets sorted out quickly

bit of a difference in wage level I think in terms of what would tempt two youth players to sign and an international defender who is having a good tournament in one of the fancied teams

The days of QPR spending crazy money on wages for 30+ defenders are long gone.

If we lose him, it will be to United or Spurs bench etc..

I would be surprised if he doesn't go on to be in the team of the tournament. He has been excellent.

I think regardless of what happens this summer, he will be gone the next, sadly.

NblpUPP.gif

Ron would lay him out

My two favourite players at the tournament :D

I really hope Leckie moves to a top level club after this tournament. He's too good to be playing 2nd Division German football and we need him to develop.

Be funny if Villa signed Leckie... will Ron do his normal captains welcome.. hope its not like that ^^^ :D

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I would be surprised if he doesn't go on to be in the team of the tournament. He has been excellent.

I think regardless of what happens this summer, he will be gone the next, sadly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2666339/EXCLUSIVE-Rio-Ferdinand-agreed-deal-sign-QPR-reunited-Harry-Redknapp.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2666339/EXCLUSIVE-Rio-Ferdinand-agreed-deal-sign-QPR-reunited-Harry-Redknapp.html

You do realise you have linked to the daily mail there to back up, I am guessing, your argument?

Also, if they do sign Rio I wouldn't be surprised if it is pay as you play deal or something.

You do realise you have linked to the daily mail there to back up, I am guessing, your argument?

Also, if they do sign Rio I wouldn't be surprised if it is pay as you play deal or something.

Also, that article claims Rio was earning £200k last season, I don't think Rio has even been on those sums, ecspecially when he only signed a year extentsion.

I do realise that, it's in the Guardian as well if it makes any difference, they report he's getting £80k/w becoming their highest payed player

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/08/qpr-rio-ferdinand-harry-redknapp

I don't think Vlaar will go to QPR or a team like that, but i do think QPR will continue to spend silly money on players as long as Droopy is thier manager

I think if it gets to a certain point where a takeover looks increasingly unlikely the club will pull their finger out and get these contracts sorted. They can't afford not to.

To be honest I'd still keep Vlaar even if it meant losing him for free next summer.

Maybe but there's no guarentee any of them will sign the contracts offered, remember that stange Gabby tweet a few weeks back. A few of the players will probably be getting disillusioned with the whole current situation here so I wouldn't blame them for leaving if a more stable club from higher up the league came calling.

Vlaar will not go to a numpty team like QPR. Put this story to bed now.

Agreed. Why would he go from one numpty team to another? [\bitter]

£££££££££

They operate on gates on less than 20k, they will not be spending tons of money this season.

I do realise that, it's in the Guardian as well if it makes any difference, they report he's getting £80k/w becoming their highest payed player

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/08/qpr-rio-ferdinand-harry-redknapp

I don't think Vlaar will go to QPR or a team like that, but i do think QPR will continue to spend silly money on players as long as Droopy is thier manager

redknapp-wants-you.png

Yeah i know im quoting myself, but i thought this was pretty funny

• Like 1

Vlaar will not go to a numpty team like QPR. Put this story to bed now.

Agreed. Why would he go from one numpty team to another? [\bitter]

£££££££££

They operate on gates on less than 20k, they will not be spending tons of money this season.

You don't need to spend tonnes of money to spend more than Aston Villa. We had gates of over 40k last season yet we can't even pay a transfer fee of any sort or get problems like Vlaar and Delph's contracts running down sorted out. 

Edited by samjp26

I can see him leaving.  He probably has one more good pay day and I can see a club paying him double what we do.  If a club bids £8m+ for him I reckon we would take it with one year of his contract left.

I can see him leaving.  He probably has one more good pay day and I can see a club paying him double what we do.  If a club bids £8m+ for him I reckon we would take it with one year of his contract left.

With Senderos coming in on a free it'd be good business for the club financially short term, but bad business long term when we get relegated straight away.

It would cost us our PL status so £8m is nothing for me.

It would cost us our PL status so £8m is nothing for me.

This. Letting him go for free next summer - by which time we might have been taken over - would be infinitely better than the chump change we'd receive for him this year, which wouldn't even be used to strengthen the team anyway. 

Â