Stephen Ireland

omariqy

i thought he was good yesterday.

and the reason he got our player of the season was because he was our best player of the season.

not sure why people are hating on him, whenever he gets a game he seems to play well creating chances.

yeah 2nd half when Bannan went off he was only player willing to try put a foot on the ball instead of hoofing it. got a good number of tackles as well.

Needs to play more games

I agree. I thought alongside Delph he did well yesterday.

Lol. I wonder what it is that makes him so hated here. He was probably our best player yesterday, top 3 at least. Was everywhere in the first half and could've got two goals.

Wow, which game were you watching

GMac was spot on when he said he drifts about like an empty crisp packet

I thought Ireland did OK up until those crazy changes.

He was creating good chances and looking comfortable on the ball. Then when we took off Bennett he was dragged out wide.

When they hit the post bar shortly after that substitution they were counter attacking, and our back 4 lined up as normal - Ireland was the only one who reacted to the point that Bennett wasn't there and tracked back to fill in.

Sorry just dont rate him. For me he epitomises what is wrong with our club, underperforming , reputation greater than the sum of his abilities and being overpaid for the privilege.

Sorry just dont rate him. For me he epitomises what is wrong with our club, underperforming , reputation greater than the sum of his abilities and being overpaid for the privilege.

So basically you'll turn a blind eye when he does well and go off when he has a bad game because you don't "rate him". Cool.

So basically you'll turn a blind eye when he does well and go off when he has a bad game because you don't "rate him". Cool.

No not at all. If he plays well I'll say so. I just dont think he does it very often at all, and hasn't since he has been here. certainly not enought to justify his reputation or salary. Has he done enough in the last three years to change my opinion of him which was a rich man's Lee Hendrie? No not really. Does that mean I cannot see when he plays well? Not at all.

I just dont think he does or will do to any great consistency

I disagree, there is no blind eye to turn as I tell you why. For every one good game he decides to give a shit and make half an effort you tend to see his following 4-5 games are shit performances there after.

There is no hiding or turning blind eyes to realise this wage thief should be shown the door.

I just can't stand seeing the bloke in a villa shirt. Lazy overpaid word removed

You always say this about Ireland with nothing to back it up. Next thing you ll be repeating that stupid crisp packet phrase that the fountain of knowledge G Mac once said.

He was one of the hardest workers last night again and one of the few people chasing players down and attempting to tackle. I m sure opta stats somewhere will back this up.

Fair enough he's not had a great time at Villa and is massively overpaid but he rarely doesn't put in a hard working shift. It's just his performances don't match it.

Lazy he certainly isn't.

Meh some nice touches here and there and a good effort on goal. But couldn't dominate the play against a 4th tier side. Ireland is a waste of time, he's clearly someone just in it for the money with no ambition to play at his best whenever he's on the pitch. He'll probably be playing in the MLS this time next year.

One of our best players yesterday, played with plenty of composure and commitment and still you had morons critisising and abusing him inside the ground for the full 90 minutes, even when he made good passes (see the post match thread). It pretty much sums the situation with Stephen Ireland up - he will never win with some people purely because of the wage the club agreed to give him. Shame, because he's a good player, and certain fans certainly have agenda's against him.

Â