General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

8. Platini's Plan will not impact us when we win the Premiership.

General you are a STAR!

It is fantastic to hear such enthusiasm/ambition from a director of the club!

At long last we have an owner and board of directors who understand that the objective is WINNING!

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.

Frank Lloyd Wright

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

general, watchinbg the Man Ure game at the moment and they have the modern new LED advertising boards and let me say they are awful and very distractting.

I went to Real Madrid a couple of years ago and frankly watching them live was an awful experience.

Now unfortunatly I guess we may see these at VP but let me say I hope we don't because I don't think the distrubance is worth the extra money.

General Krulak here:

I am not sure if I can narrow it down to a single "proudest" moment....but let me try for a few:

1. Watching the Club take care of a young lad who is suffering from a terrible sickness...without seeking any publicity or BS like that...just doing it because we are Villa and we take care of our own.

2. Watching the scaffolding go up around the Holte Hotel and realizing that this is the beginning of a new "age."

3. Seeing the tears in the eyes of Ron Saunders as he walked off the Pitch having been cheered by "his" fans.

4. Standing next to Randy at our first home game and hearing the "Randy Chant" and knowing that in his heart, he felt really good. As you know, he doesn't display huge emotion but that really got to him.

5. The "draw" at Arsenal...when they and almost everyone else thought that they would kill us.

6. The 100 coach convoy...with our fans going crazy.

7. ....etc. etc. etc.

See what I mean....hard to pick one.

Reading through those 6 points really does hammer home how much things have changed.

Good things are happening so fast that it becomes easy to take them for granted, thanks for the reminder.

Oh, and I have the feeling that those £60 shirts are ones that have actually been worn by players in training or games. Hence the extra value.

On the subject of height, is it true that your dad got a friend to hit him over the head with a piece of wood so that the bump on his head would give him the height he needed to join the marines ?

(My apologies if this crazy story isn't true, I read it somewhere.)

General Krulak here:

Out by Easter: It is a true story...except it was to pass the height limitations at the US Naval Academy...but it is true. He is now 94 years old and has a Villa Shirt!!!!

I will not be in DC or NYC this weekend. I spent the last two days in Washington...two days too many!!!

General Krulak here:

I am not sure if I can narrow it down to a single "proudest" moment....but let me try for a few:

1. Watching the Club take care of a young lad who is suffering from a terrible sickness...without seeking any publicity or BS like that...just doing it because we are Villa and we take care of our own.

Second post in a row that has made me smile a lot. Assuming that post referred to everything the club has done to help me through my illness. I've posted a front page article on here before saying a bit of what the club has done to help me. But here seems an appropriate place to say thanks again not only to the General, who kicked it all into action, but to Nicola Keye and all those in the ticket office amongst others.

For those of you who don't know a quick summary... I'm pretty damn ill and during my treatment my immune system is weakened quite significantly, so I have to avoid crowded places and being out in the cold for extended periods, my first thought when told this was no going to see MON's revolution for a few months at least, probably the rest of the season (swiftly followed by... "shit I can't go to the pub" :(). But since my treatment started I've been at every game, inside, and with not many people around. Which has been absolutely fantastic of course, even if there's only been 1 win in that time! And hopefully I'll be able to make most of the rest of the games this season in a similar arrangement. As I've said before this has really helped me through my treatment and given me something to look forward to, it's really humbling the club will do this for an ordinary fan like me.

If it wasn't to do with me... even better really, because it means the club is helping others we don't know about. Which I assume it is anyway, because those running this club, from top to bottom, really are top draw.

So thanks again General and the all the rest that make this club the greatest in the World :D

Paddy, The General,

Reading your posts is really humbling and inspiring for each and every one of us who are part of Aston Villa through all the levels of the Football Club and those who are connected one way or another with the club by way of employment or enjoyment as fans.

What does it show? It shows that we all count. Every single one of us and it also shows on a different level what can be achieved when a group of well intentioned and dedicated people get together and decide to make a change for the benefit of all rather than the benefit of individuals .

We share our setbacks and our successes together and as long as we are all pulling in the same direction towards a common goal what is going to stop us but ourselves ?

Up the Villa ! Mr Platini, if we win the European Championship three times do we get to keep the trophy and retire it to our Hall of Fame ? :hooray:

General

Just a thought with the fans wanting to return in droves it would appear that fiancing season Tickets for some of us may be difficult but with some Fans saying they will attend as many Games as possible, now Im no marketing man but doesnt our Chairman own MBNA? May be worth thinking about some finacing Package to allow the guys that want to buy season tickets the chance to do so through some scheme offered by MBNA?

Cross selling dont ya jut love it!

General K.

Im travelling down from scotland for the west ham game. Im not looking forward to the nightmare of getting back on the m6 after the game, can take up to an hour to filter through. Could you look into the possibility of establishing a car park just for people who have to travel a long distance(800 mile round trip) to get home ? I know it might sound petty to some members but any help would be appreciated. The nightmare journey has put me off coming down in the past but making the journey easier would make coming down easier.

Once again I salute you Sir.

General K.

Im travelling down from scotland for the west ham game. Im not looking forward to the nightmare of getting back on the m6 after the game, can take up to an hour to filter through. Could you look into the possibility of establishing a car park just for people who have to travel a long distance(800 mile round trip) to get home ? I know it might sound petty to some members but any help would be appreciated. The nightmare journey has put me off coming down in the past but making the journey easier would make coming down easier.

Once again I salute you Sir.

General, I think Kerms idea above is a great one. I have to do a 360 mile round trip for each home game. Mid week matches are the worst. If I do not get out of the car park at the end of the game quickly I do not get home till 1:30 am. On Saturdays a quick exit from the car park can get me home at around 8pm but if I am delayed it can mean being as late as 9 - 9:15pm.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy sold his share of MBNA several years ago...sorry.

2. Not sure how we would go about establishing a car park for certain fans...as we have HUGE difficulties finding parking for any fans to the degree needed. You have hit on a huge issue for us...parking. We are currently looking at this in a holistic manner...trying to see what can be done to accomodate our fans. Until we can solve that overarching problem, the ability to solve specific "long distance" drivers' problems will have to wait.

General Krulak here:

8. Platini's Plan will not impact us when we win the Premiership.

General,

For me this is the most significant comment to come from anyone at the club since the new dawn. I was quietly harbouring a fear that the Champion's League was viewed as the true measure of success. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

If Mr Lerner is in Miami next Sunday and sees a group of 6 overgrown lads in Villa shirts, please ask him to be sure to give us a wave!